Can't shutdown

Am having problems shutting down pc that is to say that
it won't shutdown and I have to manually turn off pc.
Have checked aumha.org as earlier suggested but it is far
too technical for me and I need a troubleshooter that is
in the simplest of simple,plain English to help me. Any
suggestions other than throwing it out of the window
would be gratefully received.
Thanking you all in advance, Jules
1 answer Last reply
More about shutdown

    Hi Julie,

    Don't know that you can get any easier than Jim's pages. This can be a
    complicated issue. Here is another starting point:

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "julefromthe pool" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Am having problems shutting down pc that is to say that
    > it won't shutdown and I have to manually turn off pc.
    > Have checked aumha.org as earlier suggested but it is far
    > too technical for me and I need a troubleshooter that is
    > in the simplest of simple,plain English to help me. Any
    > suggestions other than throwing it out of the window
    > would be gratefully received.
    > Thanking you all in advance, Jules

Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP