I've brought a new computer system.
CPU: AMD 1800+
MB: a7v-333x
HDD IBM 7200rpm, 40GB
CDRW, 1.44" FD,
256 DDR pc2100
display: Radon 9000 64MB DDR

Here is what shocking me:

everything is fine during installation of hardware. When I install win2k pro, the installation disk will help me to format the HDD into NTFS format. Since the HD is new, so I let it format as normal. When it formats about 50-60%, it hangs! and the computer turns off automatically.

Afterwards, I tried 2-3 times with the same problem in the same way, then I use 98se boot disk to format the HD to FAT32 and see how it goes. It works fine with FAT 32 to install win2k.

Win2k pro installed. During the first time I use the system, I tried to click the "view" bottom to change the display of icons to big icon, small icon or details one in "My Computer", then the computer turns off automatically AGAIN. Tried a few times. It is not the CD problem, because I can read the same data in another 2 computers.

This problem insists for a few times already.

I would like to know what's the problem with my computer?
Hardware problems? or softwares problems?

please reply ASAP. thanks a lot.

leedz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
it's a very serious problem.i think the problem may caused by the HD or the power supply. try to connect your HD to another computer to see weather the problem is exist.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by leedz on 12/03/02 04:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>