FCI AD11 help

blaze972

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
I have a FCI AD11 mobo with amd 1.33 266 bus,512ddr(2100)ATI 64ddr radeon,60 maxtor,6x dvd and 8x burner 400 watt PSU.i had this system runing before been sittn for awhile,but cant seem to boot it up now.i loads bio shown everything i have and no error come up.after bio loads and its abbout to boot winXP (ED)the mobo beeps once and ask to boot in safe mode i dont matter what i click it just freezes,it wont boot xp no boot error just 1 beef then freezes.i reset bios i disabled and enable evething still nothing.I reformated nothing same thing,HD works on other pc i have.and when i try to boot up xp cd it stats to install but then blue screen with error comes up.I dont understand what im dong wrong it work with this setup before execpt i have no soundcard yet.Does it need to hooked up to the net for xp to work?thanks

I would suspect the mobo or power supply, since you tried the hardrive in another system. You can try setting the fsb jumper to 100, and see how well xp loads. Use the cmos jumper (move it over one position for a few seconds with the power supply unplugged, then return to normal position).

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
Is it getting a failed disk error? If so enable swap floppy in bios... But first I would load fail safe defaults in bios and enable your agp support and disable virus protection (do not disable bios guardian...just virus protection) than save settings.. you may also enable reset configuration...when booting if it ask for safe mode choose normal. Keep an eye out for failed floppy or failed disk boot up error ...if you see this than do the first thing I suggested and enable swap floppy..........good luck

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by frewOFstew on 12/03/02 03:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

blaze972

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
thats the problem i dont get errors.after bios boots a black screen comes up safe mode normal mode or load last settings dont matter what i pick i just stops the HD clicks for 2 sec and stops and it just stays a that boot noraml screen.no matter what i choose in bios.do u think i should try win98?plus when i boot cd frist xp cd boots and starts to install then it goes to blue screen and freezes too.i restset bio 10x so far same prblem over and over.man this is buggy me.thanks for help

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
Well I am not familiar with XP and I myself am using win98se...I've had boot problems once in a while..but nothing I couldn't pull out of...you might try going to FIC sight and see if there are any XP issues. Again, if not, try loading default bios settings and disabling virus protection (leave bios guardian on)...and enabling reset configuration (this one is for boot up issues related to hardware configuration) maybe a few items are competing which each other. Also, if this is a new problem, you might try restoring registry... use scanreg in dos at C: prompt and choose one of your backups(if XP allows this). There are some people here who are familiar with XP problems...maybe someone else can help with this part...if all fails...use boot disk and reformat with win 98...it seems to work well with FIC AD11. If you use 98 you will just need to find usb patch at windows support. Also, you havn't mentioned if you did any bios upgrades...but this is probably reaching.