Sign in with
Your question

Ok what on earth is going on..??? really weird call of duty 4 problem

Last response: in Video Games
January 27, 2008 5:28:04 AM

Ok i have played single player without a single problem. All settings totally on max at 1920x1200 without even 1 slowdown... Everything runs completely smooth. The menu for singleplayer is fast and responsive as well. HOWEVER.. when i go to the multiplayer menu IT LAGS so badly. like mouse speed is lagy, button response is lagy. Then i joined a game and STILL lagy as ****...

i have patch 1.4 from here: http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Duty+4+Modern+Warfar...;9287438;/fileinfo.html

i loaded it and i thought it would fix the problem but no such luck... i have no idea what to do or what the problem is

Please help me
January 27, 2008 6:39:09 PM

firewall possibly, only thing i can think of.
January 27, 2008 10:41:06 PM

ya actually thats a good point!

*edit- damn no luck :( 
Related resources
January 28, 2008 11:48:02 PM

A guess: A weird interaction between anti virus, and punkbuster.
January 29, 2008 12:43:34 AM

ok i re installed the game a third time !! bloody hell and it was still laggy so i did so more research and found the **** reason why it lags... its actually a glitch they need to fix.... really **** up indeed. I checked off dual video cards and boom no more lag... WTF lol

here are my specs

Q6600 @ 3GHz
8800GTS 512MB
Asus Maximus Formula
2gb Corsair Dominator Ram
700 Watt OCZ PSU
2x WD 500GB hard drives
January 29, 2008 5:37:25 AM

I used to have a problem with call of duty 4 too, it would play fine and then randomly freeze in game for no apparent reason. what solved the problem for me was exiting out of rivatuner and atitool. apparently, some other people were having the same problem and that worked for them too. i hope it works for you. it really pissed me off since cod4 is amazing but its just so frustrating to crash so much.
January 30, 2008 4:53:40 PM

There was something similar in COD2. If you checked the "Dual Card" box or whatever, you would actually see a performance boost even if you just had a single card. Granted it was only a few FPS, but it could mean the difference between the M1 firing like a sub-gun or a bolt action.
!