What Motherbaord for the new P4 3.06 HT

Feline

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
Right it's that time again my PC is just to slow and with DOOM 3 on the way and devloping in .NET with mutilple apps open the new P4 seams like the way to go.

I can weight till the new GeForuceFX come out for the graphics gard for the new system. Hence APG8x would be good,

Now the big question RDRAM ot DDR it has been metioned that intel is going the way of DDR but can you get chip set that will surport a P4 with DDR400.

On the moatherboard I will also need 10/100 Enthernet, USB 2 not to bothered about sound as I have a card already.

I think that's about it any surgestion welcome please and thanks for help in advance.

ALF

Feline

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002
thanks for the reply just what I need and how to over the clock the thing to DRR400.

Looks like agood choice any one elese got a surgestion

ALF

DrJeckyl

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Just about all of the PE chipset mobos are good. Most are pretty feature packed, and even the ones that don't have as many features, have left out some that aren't even needed.
I have the GA-8PE667U which doesn't have firewire or serial ATA, but has everything else. Serial ATA currently does nothing for performance on any HD and won't make a difference for quite some time. When I say quite sometime, I mean not within a year.
Now, firewire is something you might consider if you do video editing, otherwise, you don't need that either. I do chem. research, I do graphics work(nonvid), and I do a little gaming. I have a sony digital cam that I can connect to my system through the USB 2.0 interface. This is more than sufficient for this kind of work. The only advantage with the firewire is the constant data stream, which is useful for video work. I also have a mem reader that reads just about every mem stick or card you can put in a camera; the board has this hardware built in.
It all depends on what you intend to use the system for.

Good luck...