According to CDV USA, Ascaron's Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is heading to the PC and Xbox 360 in North America during the 2nd half of 2008 (holiday season specifically).
“We are thrilled to expand our relationship with Ascaron -- having proven our marketing, PR and sales know-how on prior titles with them -- and we see this as a crucial step toward realizing our vision of emerging as a leader in the console gaming market,” stated cdv Software Entertainment USA’s CEO, Tom Gross.
About Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements in character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
Key Features include:
• A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
• Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path
• Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation
• Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your alter ego’s combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
• Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control
• Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
• The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes
• Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
• Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
Not true, it made it to the USA and I know many people who played it and enjoyed it. It may not have been as big a smash here in the states as in the EU but it was still a decent game and sold enough copies in the States to convince Ascaron to release #2 in the US.