new installation pratitions

My 2000 operating system was corrupted so I bought XP. I
thought XP would delete the 2000 but instead it made a
partition and now I have 2 operating systems. How do I
get rid of the 2000?

Apparently, you selected "New Installation" during the initial
setup phase instead of "Upgrade". Now you have two Windows
operating systems residing in the same partition. Backup your
important files and perform a "clean install" of Windows XP.

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mam" wrote:

| My 2000 operating system was corrupted so I bought XP. I
| thought XP would delete the 2000 but instead it made a
| partition and now I have 2 operating systems. How do I
| get rid of the 2000?

Hi,

Simply boot WinXP, open Windows Explorer and delete the Win2000 system
folders.

Then go to the control panel/system/advanced tab, click on startup and
recovery settings. Click the edit button to open boot.ini in notepad, remove
the reference to the unwanted installation from the [operating systems]
section. Close saving changes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/