Windows 98 1st ed

Are there any Wireless PCI adapters that I can use with this operating system?

Joe

I don't believe 98FE supports WiFi - I may be wrong, but that's what
I have always heard. BUT you CAN install a USB 1.1 card and get
a Linksys USB WiFi adapter and that should work. Perhaps others
here can confirm or deny....

Dave

"GILLFALC" <gillfalc@aol.com> wrote in message
> Are there any Wireless PCI adapters that I can use with this operating
system?

quick glance at dlink G pci card driver pack shows
"WinXP, WinME, Win2K, Win98"

if you already have a nic maybe a wireless 'Bridge' would make you happier
as you can remote it for best reception easily with upto 300 feet of network
cable ;)

"GILLFALC" <gillfalc@aol.com> wrote in message
> Are there any Wireless PCI adapters that I can use with this operating
system?

I am using 98 SE to do wi-Fi 802.11B & G.
"joe" <JOEhATESSpAm@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't believe 98FE supports WiFi - I may be wrong, but that's what
>I have always heard. BUT you CAN install a USB 1.1 card and get
>a Linksys USB WiFi adapter and that should work. Perhaps others
>here can confirm or deny....
>
>Dave
>
>"GILLFALC" <gillfalc@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Are there any Wireless PCI adapters that I can use with this operating
>system?

Scott

Gillfalc,

I have a Gateway 5150XL laptop with Win 98 first edition,
and it works great with a Linksys 802.11b wireless card.
For some reason, it wouldn't work with the 802.11g card.
No problem seeing my other computers in the house--Win95a,
Win98SE, and WinXP Pro.

Scott

GILLFALC wrote:

> Are there any Wireless PCI adapters that I can use with this operating system?

My old desktop with WIN98 FE works fine with an MS MN-730 PCI adapter,
although MS at some point changed the official requirement to SE from just
WIN98. This adapter also tolerate old PCI 2.1(?) slots, which some adapters
do not.

CE