Universe at War Review

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
It's sad to see that their latest release isn't up-to-par w/ their previous releases in the C&C Series, but maybe this will improve again as time goes by. Thanks for the review.

Oh yes, and I must insert my obligatory "Screw EA" since their name was mentioned in the article.

Also, Rob, is your little comment: "These go to eleven" from that video about the amps that go from 1-10... "but ours go to eleven"? If so... :lol: I love that clip.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

The demise of Westwood Studios has to be one of the all-time most depressing, Johnny Bringdown" stories of the gaming industry. Like Ryan, I was rooting for this game to be good. Too bad...

And Rgeist, you have correctly identified the source of my quote. However, if sounds like you have only seen that one clip and not experienced the full comedic brilliance of "This is Spinal Tap." If you have not watched this entire film, you are doing yourself a great disservice.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I was interested in this title a few weeks ago, the story sounds good, but recently saw other reviews, not so good.. I loved C&C (Tiberian universe, didn't like RA2, but RA was awesome, attack dogs lol!). I think EA did pretty good with C&C3, it's fun, live action scenes, and we finally got to see the aliens! Which actually didn't disappoint me, they were kinda weird, but it was in a cool way. I loved the scrin intro.

[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/CHSEBA2F7is&rel=1[/flash]

Universe is suppost to have cross platform play when the game goes to the xbox in late feb.

Will Ryan be looking at SoaSE? (sins of...blah too long)

ryanlord

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
I'd like to but I believe Travis is going to be checking out Sins of a Solar Empire. I finished The Witcher recently and next up is Age of Empires 3 : The Asian Dynasties. :)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
And Rgeist, you have correctly identified the source of my quote. However, if sounds like you have only seen that one clip and not experienced the full comedic brilliance of "This is Spinal Tap." If you have not watched this entire film, you are doing yourself a great disservice.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out! :D

I'd like to but I believe Travis is going to be checking out Sins of a Solar Empire. I finished The Witcher recently and next up is Age of Empires 3 : The Asian Dynasties. :)
I'll be looking forward to AoE3. :)