another newbie question about Linksys WRT54G

I have a Linksys WRT54G router with Sveasoft FW. I am considering buying
a Hwaking external antenna to increase its signal strength. However, it
has two antenna, can I specify both transmit and receive on one antenna
and replace it with the external antenna? Or should I just get two?
TIA

"NewsReader" <noemail@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I have a Linksys WRT54G router with Sveasoft FW. I am considering buying
> a Hwaking external antenna to increase its signal strength. However, it
> has two antenna, can I specify both transmit and receive on one antenna
> and replace it with the external antenna? Or should I just get two?
> TIA

Just replace the right rear antenna - as you face the front panel of the
router.

--
Bob Alston

---

Bob Alston wrote:

> "NewsReader" <noemail@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>I have a Linksys WRT54G router with Sveasoft FW. I am considering buying
>>a Hwaking external antenna to increase its signal strength. However, it
>>has two antenna, can I specify both transmit and receive on one antenna
>>and replace it with the external antenna? Or should I just get two?
>>TIA
>>

> Just replace the right rear antenna - as you face the front panel of the
> router.

May I ask why the right antenna?
Thanks.

> Bob Alston wrote:
>
> > "NewsReader" <noemail@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> >>I have a Linksys WRT54G router with Sveasoft FW. I am considering buying
> >>a Hwaking external antenna to increase its signal strength. However, it
> >>has two antenna, can I specify both transmit and receive on one antenna
> >>and replace it with the external antenna? Or should I just get two?
> >>TIA
> >>

> > Just replace the right rear antenna - as you face the front panel of the
> > router.
> >
> May I ask why the right antenna?
> Thanks.

It is my understanding that the right rear antenna does all transmissions.
Reception can be via either antenna. I installed a wireless system in oour
marina and installed a +11 dBi antenna, replacing the right antenna only.
Works well.

--
Bob Alston

---