Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DX10 from Alky for Win XP with GoW ...

Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2008 2:15:35 PM

anyone tried this directx 10 emulation for win xp?

i tried it with gears of war... copied the *.dlll files to system32 but when i run gears it shows the typical "error application" message and shuts down. i erase the copied libraries and the game runs ok again. so i guess my question is if this "alky project" runs ok or i it can be fixed...

More about : dx10 alky win gow

February 3, 2008 4:19:24 PM

40 views and no response? oh c'mon ...
February 3, 2008 4:27:27 PM

well, no one's tried it
Related resources
February 4, 2008 12:10:21 PM

so would there be like some suitable forum for this type of thing? i searched for alky forum but it looks like they dont have any.
February 4, 2008 12:36:22 PM

Hi

I remember reading somewhere that the Alky project died. Its a complete waste of time because people will eventually have to shift to Vista/Windows 7 and DirectX 10.

You have more chance of seeing Wine go on to emulate DirectX 10 (since they already emulate DirectX 9.0) under Linux. However I gather the DirectX 10.0 functions are heavily integrated into the Vista kernel so its going to take quite a while if its even possible... Evil!!

Bob

February 5, 2008 2:13:53 AM

thanks for the response bob. am i to understand that the dx10 emulation you mentioned is only under linux? ah snap ...

yea, those guys at microsoft are properly evil. rather unpleasant strategy with that dx10/vista combination. well i gues i will have to switch to vista sooner or later...
February 5, 2008 10:11:57 AM

Haxan said:
thanks for the response bob. am i to understand that the dx10 emulation you mentioned is only under linux? ah snap ...

yea, those guys at microsoft are properly evil. rather unpleasant strategy with that dx10/vista combination. well i gues i will have to switch to vista sooner or later...

What I said was that I know that the Wine project is working towards emulating DirectX 10 - but that it is going to be a lot of work (since DirectX 10 is integrated with the newer Vista kernel).

Bob
February 16, 2010 5:20:41 PM

Face it, DirectX 10 is basically available only under Vista or Windows 7. However, DirectX 10 doesn't always mean looks better. Sometimes the effects are minimal and not completely discernible by the human eye.
February 17, 2010 5:56:14 AM

Why dig up a 2 year old thread?

:pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 
February 17, 2010 9:10:46 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!