unresponsive shortcut icons on desktop

some (not all) shortcut icons now won't work. It says I am not allowed.
this is in Admin. However the icons (all) in a secondary user work.
I tried creating new shortcuts -- the icons appear but when I click on them
it says I am not permitted.
Is there some where to make this go away?

Byte

Are you the Administrator or another account user?

"elvene" wrote:

> some (not all) shortcut icons now won't work. It says I am not allowed.
> this is in Admin. However the icons (all) in a secondary user work.
> I tried creating new shortcuts -- the icons appear but when I click on them
> it says I am not permitted.
> Is there some where to make this go away?

Administrator

"Byte" wrote:

> Are you the Administrator or another account user?
>
> "elvene" wrote:
>
> > some (not all) shortcut icons now won't work. It says I am not allowed.
> > this is in Admin. However the icons (all) in a secondary user work.
> > I tried creating new shortcuts -- the icons appear but when I click on them
> > it says I am not permitted.
> > Is there some where to make this go away?

yes

"elvene" wrote:

> Administrator
>

> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Are you the Administrator or another account user?
> >
> > "elvene" wrote:
> >
> > > some (not all) shortcut icons now won't work. It says I am not allowed.
> > > this is in Admin. However the icons (all) in a secondary user work.
> > > I tried creating new shortcuts -- the icons appear but when I click on them
> > > it says I am not permitted.
> > > Is there some where to make this go away?

TRENDING THREADS