dvd burning-help

thanks to curt and lil'dave.

going to my computer and clicking on properties bought up the
following

NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD

Do I use +R or +RW discs or either?

Thank god there are stupid people like me to make the rest of you look
intelligent.

cheers

john69
2 answers Last reply
More about burning help

    Either.

    Using the brand name and model number in a search in google returned on
    first return results page of web search the following:

    Below is the information under drive capabilities it gave me from the dvd I
    successfully burned. It didn't recognize my blank one and didn't recognize
    any of the dvd-r s:

    ** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
    ** INFO : Drive = _NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD [FW 103D]
    ** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+R DVD+RW
    ** INFO : Disc = [DVD+RW:RICOHJPN-W11-001]
    ** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

    ** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
    Descriptor #1 = 5408 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
    Descriptor #2 = 3245 KBPS ( 2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

    ** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
    Descriptor #1 = 5645 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
    Descriptor #2 = 4234 KBPS ( 3.06x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
    Descriptor #3 = 3528 KBPS ( 2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
    Descriptor #4 = 2822 KBPS ( 2.04x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
    Descriptor #5 = 1411 KBPS ( 1.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
    Descriptor #6 = 706 KBPS ( 0.51x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry

    End of webpage quote.

    Suggested newsgroups if your news server carries them:
    alt.video.dvd.authoring
    alt video.dvd.software
    alt.video.dvdr

    I anticipate questions from you on DVD media manufacturers, burning
    software, burning software usage, comparative analysis from users of burning
    software, how to disable XPs onboard CD burning application, codecs, how to
    get codecs, bitrate for mpg2 for saving to convert to DVD for video, DVD
    compression/ripping/encoding/converting methodology. Go to those newgroups
    or similar except for the one XP question noted.

    CAV is constant angular velocity by the way. And, yes, before you ask, you
    should enable DMA for the NEC DVD burner. You find out how yourself by
    using help and keyword DMA in XP's help. And, before you ask, Ricoh is an
    actual maker of CD/DVD media. These are resold under different brand names,
    then sold at the retail market. The consumer can buy direct.
    "john69" <john69.1cyhcz@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > thanks to curt and lil'dave.
    >
    > going to my computer and clicking on properties bought up the
    > following
    >
    > NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD
    >
    > Do I use +R or +RW discs or either?
    >

    > Thank god there are stupid people like me to make the rest of you look
    > intelligent.
    >
    > cheers

    > john69

    use either +R or +RW . You cannot use -R or -RW as your drive is not dual
    format. This is no big deal unless you have a very old DVD player as some of
    those won't accept the + format.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "john69" <john69.1cyhcz@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > thanks to curt and lil'dave.
    >
    > going to my computer and clicking on properties bought up the
    > following
    >
    > NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD
    >
    > Do I use +R or +RW discs or either?
    >

    > Thank god there are stupid people like me to make the rest of you look
    > intelligent.
    >
    > cheers

    > john69

DVD Burning Microsoft Windows XP