Low frame rate World in conflict

srtech83

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
My build is in the sig... i would think that my system would be up to par to have good frame rates... is AGP really slow enough to deliver average 14 fps on world in conflict? nvidia gforce 7600 gs 512 mb agp 8x.

it is on a Abit is7 board with 3 gb ram, 2.4 ghz with hyperthreading enabled (socket 478)... PRIMARY DRIVE IS IDE 40 GB WD CAVIAR 7200 RPM.... SECONDARY DRIVE... SOME THAT GAME IS ON IS SATAII 250 GB WD CAVIAR 7200

RAM SETUP IS 2 512GB MODULES AND 2 1 GB MODULES

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
its not the AGP thats causing the problem.... its the 7600 using that interface...
oh and also, i'd assume you are using a P4 in that socket.... which sucks, and RTS's can use a bit of processing power

srtech83

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
CRAP.... MY SYSTEM SEEMS TO RUN REALLY GOOD.... WELL I HOPE I CAN DO A NEW BUILD IN THE FUTURE...

TIME TO START SAVING... FOR GAMING IS IT WORTH MY TIME TO GO QUAD CORE, OR SHOULD I HOLD OFF ON A BUILD? IS THERE SOMETHING NEW I SHOULD WAIT FOR.. I CANT UPGRADE ALL THE TIME, SO I USUALLY BUILD A SYSTEM, AND HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH IT FOR AWHILE BEFORE I CAN AFFORD TO DO ANOTHER..

ALSO IS HAVING 2X512 AND 2X 1GB MODULES BAD TO RUN THAT WAY?

mi1ez

Splendid
Your RAM should be fine set up like that.

You probably wouldn't see much of an advantage going quad core over dual at the moment, but more and more games will be going that way, I would say that the P4 is the biggest bottleneck in your RTSs. Especially at just 2.4GHz.