ps3 games on pc???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulbond2002

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
hey does any1 any1 know of a setup tat can run a ps3 game on a pc????like a bios emulator....well this might sound a stupid question but....i ve been droolin over the various games they release for the console....especially single player rpg.....but there r very few of them for the pc....if not a ps3 then atleast a ps2????im desperate!!!

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
There are no emulators for the PS3, or any of the current gen consoles. It'll be a long time before there is one.

There is an emulator called PCSX2 for PS2 games, but unfortunately, it hasn't yet come to work properly. It does manage to activate many games, few of them can actually be played, but most cannot.
Check their site if you're interested:
http://www.pcsx2.net
These guys seem to be putting a lot of time and effort into this, and are continuously working on the project.

rahulbond2002

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
so wat abt tat emulator???tge one for ps2....is it runnable on a avg system???/mines an athlon x2 4400 with 2 gb ram??i really do wanna play the ff series....so bad they dont release it for pc....

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
FF7 and 8, I think, have been released on the PC.
You can easily play FF9 with a PSX emulator.
FF10 might work on PCSX2. Why not just download it and try it for yourself?

mi1ez

Splendid
I just thought if you were interested in playing more than one ps2 game it would be worth the minor investment.

The way the initial post was worded...

...I got the impression you already had the discs and just wondered if there was a way to play them on your PC.

Sorry for my mistake!

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The amount of processing power that would be required to emulate PS3 would be beyond ridiculous, and even such emulator exists. You're better off buying a PS3 if you really want to play those games. :pt1cable:

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Probably, but you've got to worry about software compatibility mainly. I don't know the exact specs of the PS2, but I'm certain that the dual-core Athlon and a 8800GT is way more powerful hardware than what's inside the PS2. The PS2 just has the hardware + software that is optimized and dedicated purely to playing PS2 games.

What I'm trying to say is, if the software support sucks and handling the PS2 game code... it's still going to play like crap. So don't be upset if you upgrade those components and can't play a PS2 games. Although, you would be able to play some decent PC titles with that hardware.

rahulbond2002

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
well "rgeist".....i will play pc games for sure!im upgradin for crysis....and bash007 has given me a link to a ps2 emulator site..i checked out their games compatibilty list...well it doesnt look bad...they claim tat over 600 games r playable with their software......wats ur opinion???

MiD-AwE

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Good point! As to the future of PS3 emulation and compatibility, consider titles like Fallout 3, which was released with lowsy optomization and riddled with glitches and errors. They've since released a patch for some of said problems, but if they intend to fix them all we are a long way off. If a PS3 emulator existed today, one encounter with a PS3 halting error would be enough to crash your emulator if not your entire box.

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I have tried running a ps2 emulator on my computer, but it is really tricky and confusing. Especially when you have to pull licensing rights from your ps2 or something like that?

PCSX2 has come a long way over the past year, but still needs a year or two to mature. Some games run perfectly, some run, just REALLY slowly, and some run with distorted graphics.

The issue is you need the PS2 BIOS files in order to run games. So you need to get them of your PS2 (I don't even know if the act of copiying the BIOS of a system you own is legal...though who would ever know?).

I think he meant that he needs your Social Security #, your mother's maiden name, the keys to your house and car, bank PIN and account #.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, PCSX2 0.9.6 came out yesterday, and works far better than 0.9.4 did. Even RE4 is showing playability now...

As above, PCSX2 is a good PS2 emulator, but probably needs another year or two. Some things work perfectly though, and most are playable with bugs.

Note, I'm assumung you actually own the disk. Thats fine. Not owning the disk, however, is not fine. And not getting the BIOS legally from a real PS2 is also not fine.

I need to correct my post 2 above: PCSX2 0.9.6 now runs much, much better, and I now qualify it as an emulator where you can expect X game to work properly (albiet with a few glitches/speed issues). PCSX2 pretty much requires a quad though; even an OC'd QX9650 has issues keeping speeds >50fps at times, and the emulator has full multicore support...

G

wats the softwate to play those games

Status
Not open for further replies.