DNF Possible in 2008?

exfileme

Splendid
The Dallas Business Journal features an article reporting on a possible 2008 release for Duke Nukem Forever (story), slated to hit the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (not officially confirmed). The original post actually specified a 2008 release, but now the game has reverted back to the infamous "when it's friggin done" status. Here's a quote from 3D Realms' President Scott Miller:
Miller added a note of caution on the 12-years-coming sequel and its release window, claiming, "We can't make an official announcement. Frankly, we may miss the mark by a month or two, but I feel very confident that we're on target this time. Its definitely an internal push."
Frankly, one has to wonder if this game will ever live up to the expectations of gamers who actually stuck around waiting for the game to arrive. But hey, if Rambo and Rocky can make a comeback, why not Duke Nukem?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
There's another trailer coming out in a few months (the other was one just a teaser), I wouldn't expect anything for 08, but if this trailer comes out and it looks like it's frekin ready, then maybe 09.

The day DNF comes it, is the day I resolidify after playing Starcraft 2.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006

http://www.3drealms.com/

exfileme

Splendid
Ya but for 12 years? Give me a break. This over-cooked game should be smokin' burnt, crispy and usable as a protective shield by now. Eeewwwwwwww there's an awesome topic:
What's the best application for an over-cooked game (like Duke Nukem Forever)?