Error message about .dll's. please help!!

I get an error message that says " xxxx.dll is not a valid windows image.
please check this against you installation diskette". i don't have a
installation diskette, xp came on my pc, no hardcopy. all the "damaged"
files are dll files, all of them, and they have 0 bytes.

please help, i am at a loss...

Hi

How many .DLL files does the error message refer to? If you haven't got an
XP CD, see if you can find a folder named i386 in Windows Explorer, then
type the following from Start>Run

sfc /scannow

When/if a message comes up to insert the XP CD, point to that folder instead
using the Browse button. Hopefully that command will replace any system
files that have become corrupt.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User