Hi guys, i need a gaming pc help please

zclibbens

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
So hello everybody i have just joined toms hardware my names Zack Clibbens im just coming up on 15 and i desperatly need a new pc, when i say desperate i really do mean it hehe. Right like i said its my birthday in around 3 weeks, working it out i will have around well minimum 520 pounds and around maximum 620 pounds but it could be in that range really as you will know depends on the money i can get. So really what i need is:

Fast like running multiple tasks at once also whilsts on games like Flight simulator

The main reason is it needs to be brilliant for games thats the only reason i am getting it to be honest, so needs to look good and mainly no lagging, or it will make me smash it up, only joking.

so really thats what i need a fast pc and for games.

Also i would like it to last as long as it can as i wouldnt be upgrading it soon i dont think. I really dont hardly know anything really about the insides of a pc so bare with me here please, and i do not need a screen or anything really. Another thing unfortunatly it will use more cash up but it does need to be prebuilt no matter how easy they are to put together i wouldnt be able to do it and i probably would muck it up. Just thinking if i need anything else, oh yes it will obviously have to be a trusted site that i get ot off. So thanks for taking the time to read this i appreciate it and if you could please help me out by maybe prebuilding a pc for me on a website and posting a link or anything will be much appreciated. So once again thanks and hopefully we might sort something out :).
Regards Zack Clibbens

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Hi Zack,
Welcome aboard!

£600.00 odd pounds won't get you a killer system but you won't go far wrong with this. (see link at bottom) I've bought stuff from NovaTech before and have never had any problems. The price quoted doesn't include the monitor so thats good. The spec is as follows.

Entity Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2048mb DDR2 800Mhz 2 x 250GB SATAII Dual Sli nVidia 8600GT 1024MB PCI-E Grahpics DVDRW

The 8600GT graphics aren't as good as the 8800GT but in Sli you should get quite good performance. My mate has a similar spec system but with only 1 8600GT and he can play Call of Duty 4 on almost max settings. So you won't go far wrong with this.

See link below.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?PC-1113

Has anyone else seen a better system?

Arkive

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
Sli 8600 gt's is a joke as far as performance/price goes. AVOID AVOID AVOID the 8600gt. Go with a single 8800gt or go with the 3850/3870. They are much better for the price than an 8600gt.

kkkk1 also forgot about a psu, so that will cost an extra bit. Also, instead of the e6750, you should get the e8400, its better than an e6850, and only $30 more than an e6750.

GPU- Go with one of these:
8800gt $260-$290 (about 140 pounds),
8800GTS (g92) #310, (about 160 pounds)
3850 $170 (about 87 pounds)
3870 $230 (about 120 pounds)

Processor- e8400 without a doubt here... I think almost everyone will agree. $210 (107 pounds).

Power supply- Lots of choices here.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088
Pick one from tier 1 or 2.

Motherboard- Others will probably have much better suggestions than me. I use an IP35 Pro, personally.

RAM- Again, not an area where I would have the best advice.

Case- The antec 900 is nice.

HD- Whatever floats your boat in terms of memory/price I guess.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Ooops! I think I messed up the last post. What I meant to say was this:-

The PC I suggested was pre-built so obviously the PSU should be OK. I agree with the 8800GT though. The problem is Zack is not that familiar with PC building so I think it would be best to buy pre-built as I suggested

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
NO DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PREBUILT NONSENSE
my rule is - if you can build a shed, you can build a computer nowadays - its just a matter of following the manuals, and having a bit of common sense (like, discharging yourself before touching it)

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Building your own computer is very rewarding and honestly not that hard. I understand that the concept is intimidating, but you will learn so much by doing it that you will never fear the task again, and in fact look forward to it.

If you truly are so afraid to screw up that you can't bring yourself to try, kkkk1's suggestion isn't a bad one. You are trying to put together a budget high end system and corners will need to be cut here and there to make that happen.

zclibbens

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Yes no matter how easy or how rewarding it is folks another main point is i am only 15 and £600 may not be alot to you but it is to me and if i did one thing wrong kaboom its all down the swanny lol so anymore reccomendations. So what graphics card do you suggest i get then, but really what i need is a system that is built because i cant just buy something from here, another from there and all the spare parts come to me lol. So what i need to know is for around £550-£620 what are the specs you reccomend i get :

What graphics card
What proccessor
How much ram ( i would like to do quite alot of programs at once)
What operating system

They are the main things, and if anybody can like build a system online for me and post the link it would be much appreciated. Thak you for looking and helping me.
Zack Clibbens

Avenger_K

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

If you're multitasking and playing Flight SimX, definitely get the Q6600 or one of the new Penryns as the CPU. You should PM CompuTrix, he has a quad an plays Flight SimX, and he sees major gains from the extra cores.

I'd get 4 gigs of RAM.......I'll update with some more info when I get a chance later...... still working on school (home schooled) :sweat:

zclibbens

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Ok well i have figured out a system now what do you guys think to this? :

Compucase ATX 4 Bay Tower inc PSU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz/1066) inc Intel Cooler
Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 Motherboard (Nvidea chipset)
Crucial 4GB (matched pair) DDR2 PC2-5300 / CL=5 %u2022 Unbuffered / NON-ECC / DDR2-667 / 1.8V / 256Meg x 64
Maxtor 320GB SATA2 HDD
Pioneer DVR-115DBK 20x DVD+/-RW 10x DL Black
Sparkle GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit (OEM)

Total price is £636 so then what do you think about that, any changes that you wpuld reccomend?