Is it best to wait for windows 7

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
I have all the parts for my gaming pc that i am building,e.g. e7600 duo core 3.06ghz cpu,,EP45-UD3L GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD,XFX 4770 RADEON GRAPHICS CARD,NZXT APPOLLO CASE,GW 550W PSU,4GB CORSAIR RAM,,is it better for me to wait for windows 7,is that system better for my gaming,coz i really dont know,or just buy windows vista???thanks in advance :)

Solution
That wasn't the question, daship...
Anyway, I think it would be much better to wait for Win7. The gaming performance is very marginally better, in many cases not noticeable. But other things, like networking, boot and shutdown times, features, etc. have been drastically improved. As a gamer, you would probably save a minute startup time to get into a game faster. ;) I have been testing Win7 on my laptop, and it is lightyears ahead of the XP that was on there, and (not quite so) far ahead of Vista.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
That wasn't the question, daship...
Anyway, I think it would be much better to wait for Win7. The gaming performance is very marginally better, in many cases not noticeable. But other things, like networking, boot and shutdown times, features, etc. have been drastically improved. As a gamer, you would probably save a minute startup time to get into a game faster. ;) I have been testing Win7 on my laptop, and it is lightyears ahead of the XP that was on there, and (not quite so) far ahead of Vista.

Solution