"could not reconnect all network drives"

bokuden13

Feb 28, 2004
I get the above message on startup out of my taskbar. I assume the mapped network drive this is referring to is a drive that I no longer connect to (I mapped my roommate's shared drive when we were on a network in my last apartment), but of course there is no possibility of connecting to this drive anymore since I moved.

The problem is that I'll go to My Computer and try to disconnect network drives, and Windows will tell me that I have no network drives to disconnect. I was expecting a drive icon with a red X through it, showing that it isn't available. Instead, I seem to have a phantom drive that I can't seem to unmap, yet is being searched for on startup.

Can anyone help me with this?

DigitalNY2000

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
You should be able to delete the network drive if you know the drive letter that it was associated with.

For instance, if it was Z: you could do the following from a command prompt (type cmd in the start menu --> run box and press return)..

net use z: /delete

--DigitalNY2000

bokuden13

Feb 28, 2004
Woo-hoo! You were right on, and after going through the entire alphabet (could not remember the exact drive letter), I no longer receive the message. Thanks Digital!