Commodore Makes Comeback With Keyboard PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgump

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Just taking an existing Cybernet PC and slapping the Commodore name on it? Come'on this isn't even Commodore related! At least if it had some C64 or Amiga OS emulation. Hope people won't rush out and get this just because the name on it will be Commodore.

G

I will rush out to get this just because it has the name Commodore on it. That and the fact that I can put OSX on it. Maybe even triple boot OSX, Ubuntu and Windows 7. Get the best of all worlds perhaps.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
And the "64" can still stick since rather than meaning 64k of RAM, it has a 64bit CPU support ;)

The optical drive and keyboard should match the color, in 80s beige or 90's brown ;)

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I don't see anything Commodore 64 about it except for the size and slope of the keyboard. I expected the F keys to be on the side and stuff. C64 was awesome back in the day.

xenorm

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
My company purchased one of these to try as a "creative solution" to an easy problem over a year ago. After the order, it took several months (6+) to get the demo, the customer service was horrendous, it’s heavier than it looks, and the highly touted power savings were next to nothing. When I tried to return it two weeks after we received it, the person on the phone told me that I was past the 30 day trial period and it took several attempts to explain that I had only used the unit for two weeks even though the order was placed six or more months prior. The only debut is the name; it used to be called the Cybernet ZPC or something like that. I'd recommend a Micro ATX "something else" if you are looking for a small form factor desktop.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Why on earth would you want to put that giant thing on your lap to use with a TV? This makes no sense at all.

WE HAVE LAPTOPS NOW--THERE IS NO POINT
(unless they could sell it for like $200 as a poor-person computer)

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Honestly jab at it however you like but a computer like this could be good for small office environments. Of course studies would have to be done on the angle of the keyboard in relation to productivity.

zelog

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Ha ha ha, lpt port, com ports, PS/2 ports, even a PCI slot.... this thing would be the ultimate machine. Portable, expandable, powerful, gazzillion I/O ports. Who wouldn't love this beast? Where can I buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.