"sxe5.tmp" -- what is this?

scot

I just recently installed WinXP Pro, and dealt with Microsoft a few times to
get everything set up correctly and safely. I can't recall what the
"sxe5.tmp" file on the desktop is. Can one of the millions who seem like
rocket scientists compared to me remind me what this file is and what I
should do with it?

Hi,

Updated your antivirus software and ran a full system scan from safe mode
yet? That file is part of a virus.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/