New Xbox 360's

I went to bestbuy the other day to purchase an xbox 360 elite. They were sold out online and newegg was sold out too. I talked with the salesperson, and he said that microsoft has not shipped any new 360's since Christmas. He said that they were improving it for a new version. Anyone heard likewise?
27 answers Last reply
More about xbox
  1. why won't anyone respond??? I know ppl have been reading this...
  2. I haven't heard anything about this but more than likely M$ are just gonna put a new chip in.I don't think it will be major but i have read rumors of a new 360 with a HD-DVD drive integrated and games might switch to HD-DVD because they are getting larger and DVD-9 won't be able to hold them anymore.
  3. The Elite was limited. But now the Elite becomes the Premium, so just get a new Premium, if you can't find an Elite.

Have a look at the comparison table here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360
  4. i just ordered the 360 platinum edition with hdmi so its new i hope it runs cooler/quieter. and hopefully i dont get RRoD
  5. hey metal can u post if u got a falcon or not? i was thinking about just getting a pro now because I already have an ehthernet and hdmi and don't plan on needing that much hd space. I was more worried about getting a falcon or not. Please tell!
  6. There was a recent heas sink upgrade.
    They may be switching all models to HDMI.

Doubt they will switch to HD-DVD for games. That essentially makes all new games incompatible with current consoles, and is a total RETARD business move.

Also, if ur into piracy... i hear the elite models are very difficult to pirate yourself.
  7. my 360 comes in on monday. i know its the newer version (july or june from 2007) with hdmi. (yes i got the pro version) it did have a recent heatsink upgrade or something and i heard it supposedly runs cooler and quiter =)

how would i be able to tell if its falcon?
  8. metal_ said:
    my 360 comes in on monday. i know its the newer version (july or june from 2007) with hdmi. (yes i got the pro version) it did have a recent heatsink upgrade or something and i heard it supposedly runs cooler and quiter =)

how would i be able to tell if its falcon?

Read this article from anandtech:
    http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3152

It will tell you about falcon and also how to check. I was thinking about pro, but the chances of falcons are better for the elite and thats the only thing holding me back from getting a pro. Please post your results. Also, where did you order from?
  9. yeah tallguy you might want to read this,
    http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx
  10. oh i cant wait my new 360 comes in tomorrow =)
  11. newegg.com
  12. metal u still alive?
  13. The shipping issues are down to the fact that demand has out stripped supply, Microsoft simply underestimated the demand for its console and has simple sold out.
  14. i have my 360. its the falcon. its nice cool and qiuet except for when your playing games the dvd drive is so loud
  15. okay cool. if nothing new comes out in march, then im getting the pro like u. its good that u got a falcon. if u hadn', i probably will end up waiting until august or whenever. but thanks, happy gaming! we should play sometime once i get one.
  16. ok my gt is oMFg ITz MeTaL
  17. cool, ill send u a message whenever i get one
  18. lol get one now. get halo 3 and CoD4
  19. actually, I just got one over the weekend. At the local Sam's, they had a really nice deal on the elite and they said that all the stock they had were falcons, so i took it. I can't play on weekdays, but will send u one soon
  20. My Elite finally died the other day. I first experienced a red ring on Feb. 1st, but did not see it again until March 5th. I'm going to the UPS store tomorrow to ship it, and hopefully I get it back soon.
  21. Waste of money. Get a PS3.
  22. promac said:
    Waste of money. Get a PS3.

post this crap somewhere else. theres a forum for ps3 vs 360. I don't want to hear it here.
  23. It's a valid opinion. There's not that much difference between the two consoles but the 360 has a huge failure rate - i.e. waste of money.

But - if you don't want to read crap on the internet, unplug your network cable.
  24. dont be such a fanboy. i have both the ps3 and 360. dont favor one if you dont own both.
  25. metal_ said:
    dont be such a fanboy. i have both the ps3 and 360. dont favor one if you dont own both.
    I favor the PS3, because I'm still able to play it. My Xbox360 is currently at one of Microsoft's wonderful repair facilities. :??:
  26. there is a different forum for xbox 360 vs ps3.... guess what its called. I don't care if ure opinion is different than mine, but I made this forum so if people find out more information about the xbox 360 (blu-ray, jasper, etc.) they could post it here so others could find the information easier than just googling xbox 360 or something of that nature
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Xbox 360 Elite Microsoft Video Games