Gears of War issues

xinsomniacboix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
Lately, for some reason my gears of war has been becoming a little stuttery. It stutters at random places, not necessarily when theres the most action, so I don't think it's my video card being taxed too hard. I have an 8800gt at 700/1700/1900, so I shouldn't be having issues. I'm running with all settings on max. Is this just a problem with gears? or is something else wrong? i installed a creative xi fi card lately too. does that have anything to do with it? games like tf2 are silky smooth while crysis... well, you know

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I'm running with all settings on max. Is this just a problem with gears? or is something else wrong? i installed a creative xi fi card lately too. does that have anything to do with it? games like tf2 are silky smooth while crysis... well, you know
Funny, I had similar issues after I installed a X-fi card as well. While playing your game, alt-tab and check your CPU usage. My problem ended up being hardware interrupts that wouldn't go away until I did a system restore. I had similar symptoms to yours though.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I had the same problem with Gears of War on the PC as well. Not only that, but I lost my saved games multiple times because I use my Xbox Live account. This is just another example of a game being ported from a console poorly.