Administrator Password

Ron

I installed XP Pro clean, formatting the disk first. When
the installation was complete it opened a sign on screen
asking for the administrator password. Nothing was asked
for during the install and no password was set. I tried
spaces, nothing (just hitting return), and all sorts of
things but I cannot log in for the 1st time.

Any idea how to work around this so I can set an initial
password?

It is strange that you weren't required to enter an Administrator password
when doing a clean install of XP Pro. You can download this file and follow
the instructions
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/tools/ntpassword/ntpasswordhack.zip

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]