I have Windows 2000 Professional. Say I buy Windows XP Professional
"Upgrade" and install it. Say now that my computer crashes and I need to
reinstall Windows.

Would I be able to install from Window XP Professional Upgrade CD without
having to reinstall Windows 2000 Professional first !!?

Regards - Alok Govil

As long as you have a Microsoft Windows 2000 installation CD,
your may perform a "clean install" of Windows XP Professional
without the need to first install Windows 2000. You may also
perform a "repair install" by using just the Windows XP Pro CD.

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch