sarah

Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

The only thing I know is that you probly got an virus try calling microsoft
or your OEM ( computer manufacter)

"Sarah" wrote:

> Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
> comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
> something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

You may have the MSBLAST virus.Do a virus scan,then download a fix!

"Sarah" wrote:

> Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
> comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
> something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

How to remove the "Blaster Worm" from your computer:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/blaster.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Sarah" wrote:

| Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
| comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
| something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

Download the Stinger directly to a floppy or USB Flash drive and run it. It
will remove several viruses and worms.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How to remove the "Blaster Worm" from your computer:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/blaster.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>
> 3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Sarah" wrote:
>
> | Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
> | comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
> | something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

I think it is remote procedure call in services and may be related to
Microsoft patch for LSASS.exe

"Dorian Gray" <francois@noplace.com> wrote in message
: I think it is remote procedure call in services and may be related to
: Microsoft patch for LSASS.exe

And noone said "have you got your firewall turned on?" people must be sick,
sore and tired saying that line. lol.

---

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Please help, have just had xp installed, and every time i go on-line a pop up
>comes on saying that the system will close down in 60 secs,due to the rps or
>something???Please hep dont know what to do!! Cheers Sarah

Did you go on the Internet without a firewall program? There is constant
"attacks" lurking on the Internet, trying to find a recipient. You can
get something in a few seconds.. Windows XP SP1 has a built-in firewall,
but Microsoft for some reason did not have it turned on by default. The
new SP2 update fixes this.

It sounds to me as if you caught one of the old "worms" (like a virus).
It happened to me when I re-installed Windows XP a while back, well before
SP2. I forgot to turn on the XP firewall, and I didn't use a 3rd party
firewall either. Same thing, wouldn't last but a minute or two.

What you need as a Internet user:
1) a firewall program or a hardware firewall (like a router),
2) anti-virus software
3) anti-spyware software

Please just ignore me if this is not your problem.

For an online virus check, and also a security check to check your
firewall, , go here. You might be able to stay online by simply enabling
your XP firewall:
(control-panel\networks\properties\advanced - then put a check-mark in the
box that says "protect my computer". This is all assuming you did not get
the SP2 update package and install it.

Symantec free online computer checks (It'll take a while, especially on
dial-up):
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=NSW2003&langid=ie&venid=sym

Order Microsoft's free SP2 upgrade on CD (free shipping too - totally
free):

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

...D.
-------
OT : The steel knights (st33l_kn1ghts) are a small Yahoo Messenger based
chatroom group of computer users. It is nice knowing the people you are in
a chatroom environment with. Beginners are welcome. Those of us who know
computers can help you. Requirements: be a semi-responsible individual.
http://www.steel-knights.com (We don't just talk computers).