Help needed for TDU cornering plz!

imnotageek

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
Hi there,

I am playing Test Drive Unlimted on PC platform using an X-box controller with mapping very close to the actual console game.

I love the game a lot and love to just take a random drive in the island of ... (sorry I can't remember the name). Need not to say, I need to win the games in order to earn enough $$ to buy better cars.

My question is very simple: how do you do cornering in TDU? TDU is really my first racing game and more often than not, I lose control of the car and crash onto the structures nearby. Or I brake so hard so early so much as that I also lose the race.

So far, all I can do is ... (1) release the gas, (2) brake the car to 40-50mph, (3) make the turn (sometime I need to brake while turning and at times lose control of the car), (4) step on the gas.

Is that the recommended approach? Please enlighten me. Many thanks.

edwarddehaven

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Just like with a manual transmission car, and the feathering action between the gas and the clutch, try a similar action while cornering between the brake and the gas. I find slowly transitioning from brake to gas at the same time while cornering really helps.