Programs not showing in Add/Remove

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The more I go after this latest reformat and install of xp the worse it
gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed SP2 yet. I know I
have seen this problem posted before but can not remember the fix for it and
I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4 days ago and have been
slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone fine until today. I
installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the Add/Remove on the Control
Panel.

I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the restore feature.
All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

vinCe

Try looking in your program files folder for the folder
the program was installed in (assuming the folder is the
same name as the program).Double click on my computer on
the desktop,select C then program files then look for the
folder the program was installed in.Somewhere in that
folder there should be an uninstall file.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I forgot to one more bit of info. When I installed WS FTP Pro it did NOT
show in All Programs either. Thank You
"Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> The more I go after this latest reformat and install of xp the worse it
> gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed SP2 yet. I know I
> have seen this problem posted before but can not remember the fix for it
and
> I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4 days ago and have
been
> slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone fine until today. I
> installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the Add/Remove on the Control
> Panel.
>
> I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the restore feature.
> All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank You that gets the program uninstalled, but does NOT fix the problem of
XP not putting installed programs into the All Programs list or on the
Add/Remove panel. This is what I really want to know.

Thank You
"Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try looking in your program files folder for the folder
> the program was installed in (assuming the folder is the
> same name as the program).Double click on my computer on
> the desktop,select C then program files then look for the
> folder the program was installed in.Somewhere in that
> folder there should be an uninstall file.

vinCe

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm Try this
site.There may be a fix in the "tweaks" section.Also you
can try a google search,most times you can find a solution
there.Hope this helps.
Vince

TRENDING THREADS