Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Programs not showing in Add/Remove

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 25, 2004 3:37:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

The more I go after this latest reformat and install of xp the worse it
gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed SP2 yet. I know I
have seen this problem posted before but can not remember the fix for it and
I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4 days ago and have been
slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone fine until today. I
installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the Add/Remove on the Control
Panel.

I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the restore feature.
All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

More about : programs showing add remove

September 25, 2004 3:37:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Try looking in your program files folder for the folder
the program was installed in (assuming the folder is the
same name as the program).Double click on my computer on
the desktop,select C then program files then look for the
folder the program was installed in.Somewhere in that
folder there should be an uninstall file.
>-----Original Message-----
>The more I go after this latest reformat and install of
xp the worse it
>gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed
SP2 yet. I know I
>have seen this problem posted before but can not remember
the fix for it and
>I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4
days ago and have been
>slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone
fine until today. I
>installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the
Add/Remove on the Control
>Panel.
>
>I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the
restore feature.
>All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>
>
>.
>
September 25, 2004 4:06:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I forgot to one more bit of info. When I installed WS FTP Pro it did NOT
show in All Programs either. Thank You
"Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
news:1d25d.35940$ci3.1510447@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> The more I go after this latest reformat and install of xp the worse it
> gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed SP2 yet. I know I
> have seen this problem posted before but can not remember the fix for it
and
> I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4 days ago and have
been
> slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone fine until today. I
> installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the Add/Remove on the Control
> Panel.
>
> I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the restore feature.
> All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
>
September 25, 2004 4:17:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thank You that gets the program uninstalled, but does NOT fix the problem of
XP not putting installed programs into the All Programs list or on the
Add/Remove panel. This is what I really want to know.

Thank You
"Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0f4e01c4a2b1$2aefdb90$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Try looking in your program files folder for the folder
> the program was installed in (assuming the folder is the
> same name as the program).Double click on my computer on
> the desktop,select C then program files then look for the
> folder the program was installed in.Somewhere in that
> folder there should be an uninstall file.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >The more I go after this latest reformat and install of
> xp the worse it
> >gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed
> SP2 yet. I know I
> >have seen this problem posted before but can not remember
> the fix for it and
> >I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4
> days ago and have been
> >slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone
> fine until today. I
> >installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the
> Add/Remove on the Control
> >Panel.
> >
> >I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use the
> restore feature.
> >All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thank you
> >
> >
> >.
> >
September 25, 2004 4:17:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm Try this
site.There may be a fix in the "tweaks" section.Also you
can try a google search,most times you can find a solution
there.Hope this helps.
Vince
>-----Original Message-----
>Thank You that gets the program uninstalled, but does NOT
fix the problem of
>XP not putting installed programs into the All Programs
list or on the
>Add/Remove panel. This is what I really want to know.
>
>Thank You
>"Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:0f4e01c4a2b1$2aefdb90$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> Try looking in your program files folder for the folder
>> the program was installed in (assuming the folder is the
>> same name as the program).Double click on my computer on
>> the desktop,select C then program files then look for
the
>> folder the program was installed in.Somewhere in that
>> folder there should be an uninstall file.
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >The more I go after this latest reformat and install of
>> xp the worse it
>> >gets. I have XP Pro installed, but have NOT installed
>> SP2 yet. I know I
>> >have seen this problem posted before but can not
remember
>> the fix for it and
>> >I saw nothing in the knowledge base. I reformatted 4
>> days ago and have been
>> >slowly reinstalling my programs. Everything has gone
>> fine until today. I
>> >installed WS_FTP Pro and it did NOT show in the
>> Add/Remove on the Control
>> >Panel.
>> >
>> >I really need to uninstall it and do not want to use
the
>> restore feature.
>> >All help fixing this is greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >Thank you
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>
>.
>
!