numlok

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2002
Via has released a new set of 4in1 drivers, and has also changed the name to <A HREF="http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2" target="_new">"Hyperion"</A>.

From Via:
VIA have led the way in pioneering the unified driver set. The VIA 4in1 drivers, often known as a VIA 4in1 service pack have been the mainstay of VIA systems for years - optimizing stability and comparability. Today (10 December 2002) is an historic occasion, as VIA changes the name to VIA Hyperion 4in1 drivers and launches the driver set, optimized for performance for VIA's latest chipsets. The name Hyperion will most certainly supercede the name 4in1 all together in the future, but "4in1" has been kept in the name for identification sake. The version numbers also continue on from the 4in1 driver series so as not to confuse our customers
<A HREF="http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=211" target="_new">HERE</A> are some interesting bechmarks based off of these new drivers.

Enjoy!

numlok™

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I didn't really see any performance increase on my a7v8x after installing the hyperion drivers. All benchmarks stayed almost exactly the same, except the Sandra 2003 File System benchmark did increase by about 7%.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks."

arDAWG

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
There is a rumor (unfounded?) that the Via 4-in-1 driver sets past V.42 do not alwayz install correctly on non-agp 3.0/ non-KT400 chipsets. Supposedly, the agp drivers do not install correctly. I installed the 43s & the 45s on a 266a board (MSI Pro266RU), along w/ the new ATI Catalyst 2.5 drivers (for my 8500 64ddr retail) & my fps in Counterstrike wouldn't go past 22 (whereas it wuz locked @ 99fps w/ ver 42). I thought it might be the new Catalyst drivers, perhaps, being designed/ optimized for the 9000 series of ATI cards, but I reinstalled the 4-in-1 42's & then the ATI 2.5 drivers & my Counterstrike prob w/ resolved. My brother installed the 45's on his 266a board(ABit KR7a) & he said it took about 5 tries b4 they installed correctly. Anyone else having these probs w/ these drivers or have u heard anything to this effect???

Sidenote, there are new Highpoint drivers (Ver 3.01) for the 374 controller thatz supposed to make a drastic improvement in raid performance on KT-333 chipsets (@ the Highpoint site).