Laptop freezes while browsing via wireless with Win98

I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.

It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.

Help please, this is getting very frustrating
1 answer Last reply
More about laptop freezes browsing wireless win98

    Increase MEM to at least 128meg, increase swap file and clean up HD.

    "PC" <pc@pc.net> wrote:

    >I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
    >and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
    >download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
    >the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.
    >
    >It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
    >these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.
    >
    >Help please, this is getting very frustrating

Laptops Wireless Wireless Networking