How do I change settings to allow a limited user to set
their own home page for IE? Keep getting message that the
current configuration will not allow access to internet
options.
Thanks

wemadden,
You should be able to set a separate home page for IE (and any other
Browser) for each log on ID.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:18:29 -0700, wemadden wrote:

> How do I change settings to allow a limited user to set
> their own home page for IE? Keep getting message that the
> current configuration will not allow access to internet
> options.
> Thanks

If Spybot Search and Destroy is installed it has a function that locks the
home page to guard it against being hijacked. To change the home page, the
setting needs to be unlocked in Spybot first. Then change the home page.

NOTE: With hijacks being so common, other programs are turning up that have
a similar feature. If you do not have any luck changing the setting in
Spybot or do not have Spybot installed, check settings in any internet
security program that you are using.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User