the witcher 2.0

sarafan

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
witcher fans can rejoice with the news that their favorite rpg of 2007 will be re-released in a rather big way come this may. these improvements include 80% quicker load times, the addition of 50+ new supporting models, a redesigned inventory system, and, perhaps most importantly, a near complete overhaul of the script/voiceovers for the English version of the game. and for those of us who already bought the game, no worries as it appears these updates will also be available as a free download.. so dont uninstall the game just yet :D

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1150

sarafan

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

quite welcome.. as mentioned in the post the main updates will be available in mayish, however ive also found information hinting at a few other gems that might be showing up sometime in march.

its really sorta amazing... i mean, not only is the game being given "instant classic level" attention so soon after its initial release, its also succeeding both critically and financially despite its ninja-like entrance into the market.. the rpg market no less! anyway, good times

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004

Ohmygoodness yes it's good! Try it out! I can't believe they are treating the fans this well...releasing this FREE for people who already have the game. And they seem to be directly addressing some of the most critique-able aspects of the game! Oh boy I can't wait!

sarafan

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

what rayzor said :D

pauldh

Illustrious
Sweet, glad to hear it as I ordered a MSI 2600 pro for $56 AR and this game comes with it. I didn't know at the time the game was that big a bonus. 2600pro or XT 8600GT or GTS are all cards for about $100 or less that this game is included with now. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=50001312+40000048&Configurator=&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=0&srchInDesc=

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Yeah - not too surpised here. They are Euro PC game developers, which means they are serious gamers. I predict that the majority of great PC titles are going to be coming out of Europe soon.

The Witcher is on my list of last year's titles that I need to play, but maybe I'll wait till 2.0 now...

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
It's looking like i need to try this game out. I have been RPGless since I quit playing nonsense MMORPGS.....

I dont think I can wait until Q3 for fallout 3 (drooly face)

:)

sarafan

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
my poor x1900 is struggling at times and crossfire is flaky at best

hehe. i had the same card, although not in xfire, and i could only get halfway through the witcher intro movie before my 24" display became a fascinating whirl of artifact death, with full system crash following seconds later. i think that same day i bought the then just released 8800gt.. had to finish that intro cinematic. no more overheating for me :sol:

Sounds good, I've put off my new build till next month, Just keeps getting better :) Thanks for the find..

good luck with the build, its pretty damn satisfying experiencing great new games on a system put together yourself!

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I had the game running on my 1950 Pro AGP pretty well, 'cept for the close ups during conversations. This game does take GPU power and memory. With the 1.2 patch that is available now the game is MUCH better, playable even!

I now have a 3870x2 and the game runs really well, but it still stutters a bit in the heavily populated areas like the Trade quarter.

I think the voice acting sounds kinda lame most of the time, but overall the game is really good. Combat is pretty nifty, and finishing moves can be sweet.