Alton V694D Dual Socket 370 Mobo AGP Problems

TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001
Hello. I have an M790(Alton V694D) Dual Socket 370 motherboard. Yes, I know the Alton V694D motherboard is really a PCChips M790 motherboard and yes I know PCChips motherboards are junk. However, Everything is working fine except the AGP. I have a Geforce 2 Ti 64MB video card with 1GB of PC133 RAM and two Intel PIII 1GHz CPU's. In the BIOS, I have the AGP mode set to 4X with a 256MB AGP Aperture. But when I get into Windows, Right click on the Desktop, go to the display Properties and look at the NVIDIA specs of my video card and drivers, it says that it's running in AGP 2X instead of 4X. I have the latest BIOS version for this motherboard, I have the latest NVIDIA drivers (41.09). I have also tried the latest official, non-beta VIA 4in1 Drivers version 1.43 and I have also tried the VIA 4in1 1.44.1 Beta drivers and NOTHING has worked. I did a 3D Mark 2001 benchmark of my system and here are the complete results: http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5275306

I think the reason I am getting low 3D Marks is because I am running in only AGP 2X mode instead of 4X mode. Can you please help me get my board and video card running in AGP 4X? Thanks!

Tavis

It can be forced. But it may or may not be stable.

The easyest way is a program called "Beta 4/way" available off of the GeforceFAQ page. Another way is with WPCREDIT and WPCRSET. IIRC you need to set values 50 and 51 to enable 4/way interleave and agp4x.
You may need to change the AGP driving strength also to get stability.

I aint signing nothing!!!