Windows Explorer not refreshing itself

Since upgrade to Win XP SP2, whenever I use Windows Explorer to see what is
on my
DVD-Writer or CD-Writer it shows what is on the disc, but when I eject the
disc and put in a new disc the information that was on the first disc still
shows, it does not show the new information.
The only way out is to re-boot and start again.
How can this be rectified?

Mike

Select the drive, on the toolbar, View, refresh...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

Mike van der Merwe wrote:

> Since upgrade to Win XP SP2, whenever I use Windows Explorer to see what is
> on my
> DVD-Writer or CD-Writer it shows what is on the disc, but when I eject the
> disc and put in a new disc the information that was on the first disc still
> shows, it does not show the new information.
> The only way out is to re-boot and start again.
> How can this be rectified?
>
> Mike

This is a known bug in XP and it is documented in KB823291 and it has been
around for quite a while. In the KB article, they state ".. wait for the next
Windows XP service pack that contains the fix". They lied.

BTW, after installing SP2 and noticing the fix did not work, I checked the
version of Shell32.dll as instructed in the KB article, and found that the
verion after SP2 install is indeed a newer version, so I went off and added the
registry edit listed. It still doesn't work correctly.

If a REAL fix is known I sure hope someone posts it!

gm