trouble between mobo and graphics card

Akula1978

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Hello to all. That is my first post here.

I recently bought an AGP graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440, and it worked flawlessly with my old PIII 450. Few days ago I bought a new processor and motherboard (PIV 2,4 and ASUS P4S533-E) .
My trouble is that my motherboard says that my graphics card is not AGP. I look on windows' control panel and I see that my graphics card is plugged on PCI slot #7. How can this be possible? Can anybody help me?

TNX!!!!!

Peekaboom

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2002
Sounds like it you may have to install AGP drivers for the motherboard, as is the case with VIA Motherboard chips. It took me about a year to realize that on one of my older computers. Check the mobo install disc or the asus hompage for those drivers.

flowmaster

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Go in the bios and make sure agp slot in the first slot it reconizes and that you have installed the appropriate drivers for your OS either if its windows or linux.

:)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Like peekaboom said, the OS can't recognize the chipset properly in order to configure the AGP driver because it has no built-in AGP driver for that chipset. You need to load the chipset driver from the CD.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>