Help (Speeding Ticket ?s)

Last response: in Video Games
February 28, 2005 2:31:29 AM

Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
over.

Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night (this
very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the gas
and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the road
because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic school
or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about how
they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
court?

--
Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

More about : speeding ticket

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 1:19:41 PM

"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
> over.
>
> Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
> Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night
> (this very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed
> up the hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I
> see some lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let
> off the gas and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the
> side of the road because of these wierd blue and red and white lights
> flashing behind me... so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can
> get into traffic school or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time
> being pulled over, first time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the
> people I know brag about how they never have gotten a ticket, but been
> pulled over countless times? WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or
> things to do when I attend court?

What was the speed limit where you were at? Because if it was 70 or less
you'll probably have to eat it. Also see what i said in pcm. If you get all
the details and they aren't kosher you'll get off.
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon
>
> *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 2:31:05 PM

"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
> over.
>
> Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
> Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night
(this
> very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
> hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
> lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the
gas
> and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the
road
> because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
> so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic
school
> or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
> time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about
how
> they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
> WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
> court?

When you attend:
Dress nice
Brush your teeth :)
Don't fight with the policeman
Whatever you do, DON'T interrupt the Judge
I'd just explain what happen, don't try to wriggle out of it.
If you just got pulled over once before but didn't get a ticket, don't
mention that since it shouldn't matter at all.

BTW, what was the speed limit where you were driving, and how many points do
they want to put on your License? What I did last time was paid the fine
and went to driving school to get the points removed from my driving record.

short
Related resources
February 28, 2005 3:11:12 PM

"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
> over.
>
> Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
> Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night
(this
> very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
> hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
> lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the
gas
> and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the
road
> because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
> so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic
school
> or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
> time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about
how
> they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
> WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
> court?

A couple of things, don't show up wearing a t-shirt and worn out jeans. You
don't want to give the impression of being disrespectful. Be polite and
answer all the questions honestly and as briefly as possible.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 3:42:07 PM

Greetz,

now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.

Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little fast, as I
put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down too much, guess I
pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let off the pedal when I saw my
MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but my odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want
to believe in, that it said 75. I didn't even try to wiggle out of it when
the cop stopped me, I always tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I
had mentioned that I tend to not speed and I have only had one written
warning ever before (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a
rare occasion when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times
you go too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
February 28, 2005 4:02:05 PM

n2trains wrote:

> Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
> over.
>
> Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
> Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night (this
> very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
> hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
> lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the gas
> and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the road
> because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
> so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic school
> or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
> time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about how
> they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
> WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
> court?

Browse through this site:
http://www.motorists.org/
Lots of good info for anyone who drives a car, even outside the US.
It may be of help...

GL,
Jim
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:11:17 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:31:29 -0800, "n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
>over.
>
>Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
>Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night (this
>very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
>hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
>lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the gas
>and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the road
>because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
>so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic school
>or something to reduce the $122 fine...

Usually, going to traffic school doesn't reduce the original fine.
You'll pay that AND the cost of going to traffic school :-o
But it's worth it to keep the points off the record.
You might even be able to request traffic school without going to
court (true in Calif. anyway).

>2nd time being pulled over, first
>time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about how
>they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
>WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
>court?

Most people who brag about such things are full of BS ;-)

March 1, 2005 12:55:09 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:50:30 -0800, LineNoise <linenoise@pobox.com>
wrote:

>One more thing, I dunno what the laws are where you are, but I remember
>someone saying that here, the burden of proof is on the officer to
>establish that it wasn't a speed trap. Check the laws where you are, it
>might be as simple as invoking anti-entrapment legislation. There's a lot
>of lesser-know websites out there about the intricacies of traffic laws.
>Google is your friend.
>
>Brian

If the road was uphill, how could it possibly be a speed trap? ;-)

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-6 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Any tips or things to do when I attend court?

Not sure how it works where you're from, but here in PA if the officer
doesn't appear in court, the case is tossed out. So if you kill the officer
before the trial you'll be in the clear for the speeding ticket. LOL

Seriously, see if you can work this to your advantage. Try to talk to the
officer and explain your situation, see if he'll cut you a break and not
show up in court. If that doesn't work, try to find out when the officer's
off day is and schedule your court date on his off day. It's possible that
he'll blow off court if it falls in the middle of his off day. Alternately,
try to reschedule your court date after it has been set. It's possible that
something will come up and the officer won't know about the schedule change.
Most courts try to schedule all of an officers court appearances into one
block so as to make it convenient and to not take him from patrol more often
than necessary. If you can stay out of your officers time block you'll have
the best chance of a nonappearance.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
March 1, 2005 5:38:12 AM

> Problem is: I can't afford it, I have NO income and my parents are not
going
> to be willing to pay for this... they said I could work around the house
> there to pay for it, but I just can't get home often enough and for long
> enough for that to happen, so I need to see if I can somehow get it
reduced.
> And I RARELY speed... this was the first time in... well, long time lol.
so
> yeah, I'm a very good driver normally, I almost never go above 70. I stay
> within 5 on roads and 10 on freeway.

There is very likely some sort of payment plan you can set up. Tell the
judge the cost of the ticket is above what you can afford. If they don't
reduce it, they will at least come up with some way to break it up.
March 1, 2005 5:45:38 AM

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Any tips or things to do when I attend court?
>
> Not sure how it works where you're from, but here in PA if the officer
> doesn't appear in court, the case is tossed out. So if you kill the
officer
> before the trial you'll be in the clear for the speeding ticket. LOL
>
> Seriously, see if you can work this to your advantage. Try to talk to the
> officer and explain your situation, see if he'll cut you a break and not
> show up in court. If that doesn't work, try to find out when the officer's
> off day is and schedule your court date on his off day. It's possible that
> he'll blow off court if it falls in the middle of his off day.
Alternately,
> try to reschedule your court date after it has been set. It's possible
that
> something will come up and the officer won't know about the schedule
change.
> Most courts try to schedule all of an officers court appearances into one
> block so as to make it convenient and to not take him from patrol more
often
> than necessary. If you can stay out of your officers time block you'll
have
> the best chance of a nonappearance.

I did this for a ticket I got from an accident. Hearing got put off for 6
months. Cop, woman that hit me, and the witness turned out to be friends,
although I could never prove it. They all showed up, and I got hosed. They
lied their asses off.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:33:16 AM

On (or around) Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:31:29 -0800, "n2trains"
<n2trains@gmail.com> deemed themselves worthy to grace
alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

>Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
>over.
>
>Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
>Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night (this
>very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
>hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
>lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the gas
>and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the road
>because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
>so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic school
>or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
>time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about how
>they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
>WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
>court?

You were 5 miles over the limit? and got pulled over? Must have been
a REALLY bored cop.

Question: do you have to go to court every time you get a speeding
ticket in the US? Or is it only because you want to contest the
ticket?

And what the others said. Dress nice, speak politely, and don't
interrupt the big bloke with the wig.

--
Mad'Doug

Rehab' is for Quitters
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:56:42 AM

Since you live in the south end, you might consider calling Alva Long,
hes great and fun guy to talk to. It all depends on how much an
insurance hit you're gonna take--do a cost benefit analysis on lawyer
fees versus increased insurance and make your decision. Another course
you might take (that works over 1/2 the time) is to subpoena the guy
who calibrated the radar--if he doesn't show up, the judge will drop
the case against you. Go on the WAgov website for a copy of the
subpoena, print it out, and take it to the nearest state patrol or
Auburn cop shop.

Hell, tickets were made to be beat ; )

Sean
March 1, 2005 12:58:17 PM

n2trains <n2trains@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> Greetz,
>
> now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>
> Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
> fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
> too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
> off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but
> my odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said
> 75. I didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me,
> I always tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had
> mentioned that I tend to not speed and I have only had one written
> warning ever before (being pulled over for following too closely).
> It's a rare occasion when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one
> of few times you go too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a
> ticket for $122.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon
>
> *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
March 1, 2005 1:06:15 PM

n2trains <n2trains@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a short
while before writing:
> Greetz,
>
> now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>
> Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
> fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
> too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
> off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but
> my odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said
> 75. I didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me,
> I always tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had
> mentioned that I tend to not speed and I have only had one written
> warning ever before (being pulled over for following too closely).
> It's a rare occasion when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one
> of few times you go too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a
> ticket for $122.

This time I'll add some text :)

Look on the bright side, 19mph is like 30kph, and where I come from
25kph over the limit is a hefty fine and loss of license for at least 3
months... and it's worse for +30kph (but I'm not sure how much).

--
Doc
Anonymous

n2trains wrote:
> Greetz,
>
> now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>
> Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill.

Oh dear.

> I was going up the hill a little
> fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
> too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
> off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79,

Nearly 20 MPH above the speed limit is quite a bit huh?

> but my
> odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said 75.

I believe you. I saw a survey and most *speedometers* are +/- 5%. That
is/was considered acceptable by the manufacturers. Also, something as simple
as putting on different size/aspect-ratio tyres from the factory fitted ones
can make a large difference to the accuracy of your speedo.

In NZ the police used to not ticket you if you were over the limit by 10% or
less, I believe that's no longer the case.

> didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me, I always
> tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had mentioned that I
> tend to not speed and I have only had one written warning ever before
> (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a rare occasion
> when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times you go
> too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.

Sorry to hear about this Brandon. I wish you luck, you've had some good
advice in this thread so far. One thing, don't belabour the fact that you
didn't notice how fast you were going. Mention it, sure but don't make a big
issue of it. Not noticing how fast you are going points to a
non-observant/distracted/careless driver.

Luck man.
--
~misfit~

March 1, 2005 8:13:44 PM

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message

> > Odd, they set up speed traps all over the place here. Some are pretty
> > ridiculous. I've already seen the State Cops back into bushes and up
> hills.
> >

> Here in PA they started doing it around Memorial Day I think. Hehe, it
was
> even in the local paper, and some guesses where they were going to be.

And where is it that you think I'm talking about? :)
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 8:13:45 PM

"Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Odd, they set up speed traps all over the place here. Some are pretty
> > > ridiculous. I've already seen the State Cops back into bushes and up
> > hills.
> > >

> > Here in PA they started doing it around Memorial Day I think. Hehe, it
> was
> > even in the local paper, and some guesses where they were going to be.
>
> And where is it that you think I'm talking about? :)

Well, I did say "here". :o )

short
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:28:34 PM

On (or around) Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:46:55 -0800, LineNoise
<linenoise@pobox.com> deemed themselves worthy to grace
alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

<snip>

>>And what the others said. Dress nice, speak politely, and don't
>>interrupt the big bloke with the wig.
>
>No wigs here.

None hear either... well, not in the lower courts.

> Crazy aussies.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

--
Mad'Doug

Rehab' is for Quitters
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:42:13 PM

Craig wrote:
> > now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
> >
> > Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
> > fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
> > too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
> > off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but
my
> > odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said 75. I
> > didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me, I
always
> > tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had mentioned that I
> > tend to not speed and I have only had one written warning ever
before
> > (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a rare occasion
> > when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times you go
> > too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.
> >
> thats not too bad as far as fines go for the amount you were over, I
just
> got stung with a $128 fine for being 4k (2.5miles) over the limit by
one our
> little hidden revenue raisers also known as speed camera's.
> And as for going to court, what the others said, be polite, contrite
and
> dont argue with the judge.

In 1987, when there was still a drawbridge north of the Sunshine Skyway
bridge, I got stuck first in line while a sailboat spent 10 minutes
trying to line up and get through. When the draw lowered and I reached
the top of the Skyway, I looked down the 37 degree incline and noted
there was NOBODY on the bridge. I floored the 959 and came roaring down
the bridge, only to run into enough cops to fill the QE2. I was
ticketed for doing 196MPH in a 55 MPH zone. The fine was $15 per mile
over the limit, plus $300 for gross speeding, and another $500 for
reckless driving (which was later thrown out for lack of evidence) plus
$54 for court costs.

Mickey - Who slept on the couch for a few nights afterwards
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:50:51 PM

Mad'Doug wrote:
> On (or around) Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:46:55 -0800, LineNoise
> <linenoise@pobox.com> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:
>
> <snip>
>>
>>> And what the others said. Dress nice, speak politely, and don't
>>> interrupt the big bloke with the wig.
>>
>> No wigs here.
>
> None hear either... well, not in the lower courts.

I don't like courts. Last time I went I got a 15 month lag. Do you have any
idea what it's like to spend 5+ hours on a PC a day and then have no access
to the net at all for a stretch?

>> Crazy aussies.
>
> Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

That's what I thought when I read that. Had to double-check your headers as
I was sure you were part of the SVH/misfit/shady country. (I know there's at
least one other reg from here but can't think who it is right now, still on
first coffee).
--
~misfit~

March 2, 2005 10:21:48 PM

wrote:

>Well, we have it... the first ticket on the 2nd time I've ever been pulled
>over.
>
>Now's the thing: I was going up a large hill on East 18 here in Auburn,
>Washington. I drive a 98 ford ranger XLT. It was around 10:30 at night (this
>very evening) and I pushed the pedal down to keep a constant speed up the
>hill... well guess I hit it a bit hard and about 1/2 way up it, I see some
>lights, look down and see I'm going 75 mph. OH SHIZ!!!! so I let off the gas
>and decelerate... next thing I know I'm pulling off to the side of the road
>because of these wierd blue and red and white lights flashing behind me...
>so yeah, now I have to go to court and see if I can get into traffic school
>or something to reduce the $122 fine... 2nd time being pulled over, first
>time in about a year, ticket... Why do all the people I know brag about how
>they never have gotten a ticket, but been pulled over countless times?
>WTF???? THIS IS NOT FAIR lol!!!! Any tips or things to do when I attend
>court?

Mitigate (could cut your ticket fee in half) or go for a Deferral (no
fine- $100 fee) -which will keep the ticket off your driving record if
you have no further moving violations for the next year. Unless you
have some truly extenuating circumstances (which if good enough, would
likely have kept the officer from ticketing you in the first place)
you won't win in court on speeding and you'll end up paying the full
fine. Even with a good reason, a judge in anything less than a good
mood could decide you've committed the act regardless of your defense.

Now, I could be wrong on this, but I doubt that Pierce county is any
more lenient than they are in King county.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:34:24 PM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:42:07 -0800, "n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Greetz,
>
>now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>
>Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little fast, as I
>put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down too much, guess I
>pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let off the pedal when I saw my
>MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but my odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want
>to believe in, that it said 75.

In Washington (at least west of the Cascades)-
Within 5 you're usually clear, within 10 rarely gets you stopped,
within 15 is chancy, 15 and over and you're counting on the officer
having more urgent places to be. Now, the above rough guidelines
don't apply at all if the area you're driving through has been the
subject of speeding complaints or a spate of recent accidents. If
that's the case, they may tag you for going 2 miles over the limit.

Hmm, just thought of something- if you want, you could contest the
ticket and subpoena the officer to testify- and hope the officer who
ticketed you doesn't show up for court. However, ther's a decent
chance that the officer will show up- in which case you'll have to
fight the ticket and will almost certainly pay the full fine..

I'd think your best bet would be a deferral. In the long run,
insurance increases will be far more than the ticket anyways.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:50:53 PM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:21:17 GMT, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>
wrote:

>"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Any tips or things to do when I attend court?
>
>Not sure how it works where you're from, but here in PA if the officer
>doesn't appear in court, the case is tossed out. So if you kill the officer
>before the trial you'll be in the clear for the speeding ticket. LOL
>
>Seriously, see if you can work this to your advantage. Try to talk to the
>officer and explain your situation, see if he'll cut you a break and not
>show up in court.

That would be a surefire way to get into even more legal trouble.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:57:27 PM

On 1 Mar 2005 08:56:42 -0800, "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote:

>Since you live in the south end, you might consider calling Alva Long,
>hes great and fun guy to talk to. It all depends on how much an
>insurance hit you're gonna take--do a cost benefit analysis on lawyer
>fees versus increased insurance and make your decision. Another course
>you might take (that works over 1/2 the time) is to subpoena the guy
>who calibrated the radar--if he doesn't show up, the judge will drop
>the case against you.

Bad info there. The radars and the tuning forks they are checked
against daily are verified once a year and the court **will** have
that certificate as evidence should he try to fight the ticket. WA
state law doesn't require the person/company to appear in court, just
that a reasonable procedure be followed annually. If the officer
made the reading with a "steady and clear" signal, the chances of
beating it are almost nil.

> Go on the WAgov website for a copy of the
>subpoena, print it out, and take it to the nearest state patrol or
>Auburn cop shop.

Easier still, if he hasn't already sent in the response, he can ask
for full discovery, in which case, he'll know the radar unit # and can
look into it's history before making the fatal mistake of fighting it.

The judge will not look fondly on such attempts, and unless there's
been negligence on the part of the police dept in terms of their
annual servicing and calibration, this tactic is certain to fail.
March 2, 2005 11:13:29 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109788933.516480.57450
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Craig wrote:
>> > now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>> >
>> > Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
>> > fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
>> > too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
>> > off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but
> my
>> > odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said 75. I
>> > didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me, I
> always
>> > tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had mentioned that I
>> > tend to not speed and I have only had one written warning ever
> before
>> > (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a rare occasion
>> > when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times you go
>> > too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.
>> >
>> thats not too bad as far as fines go for the amount you were over, I
> just
>> got stung with a $128 fine for being 4k (2.5miles) over the limit by
> one our
>> little hidden revenue raisers also known as speed camera's.
>> And as for going to court, what the others said, be polite, contrite
> and
>> dont argue with the judge.
>
> In 1987, when there was still a drawbridge north of the Sunshine
Skyway
> bridge, I got stuck first in line while a sailboat spent 10 minutes
> trying to line up and get through. When the draw lowered and I reached
> the top of the Skyway, I looked down the 37 degree incline and noted
> there was NOBODY on the bridge. I floored the 959 and came roaring
down
> the bridge, only to run into enough cops to fill the QE2. I was
> ticketed for doing 196MPH in a 55 MPH zone. The fine was $15 per mile
> over the limit, plus $300 for gross speeding, and another $500 for
> reckless driving (which was later thrown out for lack of evidence)
plus
> $54 for court costs.
>
> Mickey - Who slept on the couch for a few nights afterwards

196 huh? Ever consider race car driving? You related to Ernhardt?
March 3, 2005 8:12:10 AM

> now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>
> Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
> fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
> too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
> off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but my
> odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said 75. I
> didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me, I always
> tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had mentioned that I
> tend to not speed and I have only had one written warning ever before
> (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a rare occasion
> when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times you go
> too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.

thats not too bad as far as fines go for the amount you were over, I just
got stung with a $128 fine for being 4k (2.5miles) over the limit by one our
little hidden revenue raisers also known as speed camera's.
And as for going to court, what the others said, be polite, contrite and
dont argue with the judge.

Craig
March 3, 2005 8:12:11 AM

"Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> wrote in

>> now that I'm more awake, I'll explain the rest.
>>
>> Speed limit was 60 MPH, uphill. I was going up the hill a little
>> fast, as I put the pedal down pretty good in order to not slow down
>> too much, guess I pushed a little harder than needed. Before I let
>> off the pedal when I saw my MPH and him, he clocked me at 79, but my
>> odometer, I SWEAR TO w/e you want to believe in, that it said 75. I
>> didn't even try to wiggle out of it when the cop stopped me, I always
>> tend to lock up when I talk to cops. I wish I had mentioned that I
>> tend to not speed and I have only had one written warning ever before
>> (being pulled over for following too closely). It's a rare occasion
>> when I speed, funny how that works eh? The one of few times you go
>> too fast, you get your bum pulled over and a ticket for $122.
>>
> thats not too bad as far as fines go for the amount you were over, I
> just got stung with a $128 fine for being 4k (2.5miles) over the limit
> by one our little hidden revenue raisers also known as speed camera's.
> And as for going to court, what the others said, be polite, contrite
> and dont argue with the judge.
>
> Craig

Big Brother is watching
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:12:11 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109788933.516480.57450
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>

> > In 1987, when there was still a drawbridge north of the Sunshine
> Skyway
> > bridge, I got stuck first in line while a sailboat spent 10 minutes
> > trying to line up and get through. When the draw lowered and I
reached
> > the top of the Skyway, I looked down the 37 degree incline and
noted
> > there was NOBODY on the bridge. I floored the 959 and came roaring
> down
> > the bridge, only to run into enough cops to fill the QE2. I was
> > ticketed for doing 196MPH in a 55 MPH zone. The fine was $15 per
mile
> > over the limit, plus $300 for gross speeding, and another $500 for
> > reckless driving (which was later thrown out for lack of evidence)
> plus
> > $54 for court costs.
> >
> > Mickey - Who slept on the couch for a few nights afterwards
> >

> 196 huh? Ever consider race car driving? You related to Ernhardt?

I was a race driver for quite a while. the female spousal unit retired
me as a condition of marriage. Seems the first 14 years we were
together, with the 5 kids and 3 homes it didn't bother her, it was only
when she decided to actually marry me that it became an issue. I am
still allowed to test drive, which I did quite extensively until about
3 years ago. These days, I do it only for 2 clients, and only when they
ask nicely :)

Mickey
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:12:11 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795332.968992.171270
> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Diane wrote:
> >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in
> >> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> >> Skyway
> > reached
> > noted
> >> down
> > mile
> >> plus

> >> 196 huh? Ever consider race car driving? You related to
Ernhardt?

> > I was a race driver for quite a while. the female spousal unit
retired
> > me as a condition of marriage. Seems the first 14 years we were
> > together, with the 5 kids and 3 homes it didn't bother her, it was
> only
> > when she decided to actually marry me that it became an issue. I am
> > still allowed to test drive, which I did quite extensively until
about
> > 3 years ago. These days, I do it only for 2 clients, and only when
> they
> > ask nicely :)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Didn't you name her as beneficiary on your life insurance? Ever hear
of
> "accidental death?" Geez, I would think that would be incentive
enough
> to allow you to race anytime you want. Boy, it's amazing what a
piece
> of paper will do to some people.

Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She doesn't
want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )

Mickey
March 3, 2005 8:12:12 AM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795332.968992.171270
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109788933.516480.57450
>> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>>

>> > In 1987, when there was still a drawbridge north of the Sunshine
>> Skyway
>> > bridge, I got stuck first in line while a sailboat spent 10 minutes
>> > trying to line up and get through. When the draw lowered and I
> reached
>> > the top of the Skyway, I looked down the 37 degree incline and
> noted
>> > there was NOBODY on the bridge. I floored the 959 and came roaring
>> down
>> > the bridge, only to run into enough cops to fill the QE2. I was
>> > ticketed for doing 196MPH in a 55 MPH zone. The fine was $15 per
> mile
>> > over the limit, plus $300 for gross speeding, and another $500 for
>> > reckless driving (which was later thrown out for lack of evidence)
>> plus
>> > $54 for court costs.
>> >
>> > Mickey - Who slept on the couch for a few nights afterwards
>> >

>> 196 huh? Ever consider race car driving? You related to Ernhardt?
>
> I was a race driver for quite a while. the female spousal unit retired
> me as a condition of marriage. Seems the first 14 years we were
> together, with the 5 kids and 3 homes it didn't bother her, it was
only
> when she decided to actually marry me that it became an issue. I am
> still allowed to test drive, which I did quite extensively until about
> 3 years ago. These days, I do it only for 2 clients, and only when
they
> ask nicely :)
>
> Mickey

Didn't you name her as beneficiary on your life insurance? Ever hear of
"accidental death?" Geez, I would think that would be incentive enough
to allow you to race anytime you want. Boy, it's amazing what a piece
of paper will do to some people.

Diane
March 3, 2005 8:12:12 AM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797126.923616.227070
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795332.968992.171270
>> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> minutes
>> > reached
>> > noted
> roaring
>> > mile
> for
> evidence)

> Ernhardt?
>> >
>> > I was a race driver for quite a while. the female spousal unit
> retired
>> > me as a condition of marriage. Seems the first 14 years we were
>> > together, with the 5 kids and 3 homes it didn't bother her, it was
>> only
>> > when she decided to actually marry me that it became an issue. I am
>> > still allowed to test drive, which I did quite extensively until
> about
>> > 3 years ago. These days, I do it only for 2 clients, and only when
>> they
>> > ask nicely :)
>> >
>> > Mickey
>> >

>> Didn't you name her as beneficiary on your life insurance? Ever hear
> of
>> "accidental death?" Geez, I would think that would be incentive
> enough
>> to allow you to race anytime you want. Boy, it's amazing what a
> piece
>> of paper will do to some people.
>
> Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She
doesn't
> want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
> reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )
>
> Mickey

Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we work
something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with the
kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs ya, huh?
Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for everyone,
although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll find him
in California? It's worth a try anyway.

Diane
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:43:45 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797126.923616.227070
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

<snippopotomus>

> > Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She
> doesn't
> > want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
> > reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we
work
> something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with
the
> kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs ya,
huh?
> Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for everyone,

> although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll find
him
> in California? It's worth a try anyway.

California? Not on a bet would you find this little boy there. If it
ain't mudslides, it's brush fires. If it ain't brush fires, it's
earthquakes. And for all that joy, you get to pay taxes through every
orifice nature created and a few unintended ones. Worst of all is the
nature of people in my field there, that being taht they are far more
interested in your tailor than the quality of your work. A clothes
horse I'm not.

Mickey
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:49:36 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in news:g1HVd.81369$g16.15286
> @trndny08:
>

> > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> California? Not on a bet would you find this little boy there. If
it
> >> ain't mudslides, it's brush fires. If it ain't brush fires, it's
> >> earthquakes.
> >
> > California - The Granola State
> > It's all fruits and nuts and flakes.
> >

> Don't forget the Liberals

What, pray tell, is wrong with Liberals?

Mickey
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:56:40 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797126.923616.227070
>@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>

>> Diane wrote:
>>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795332.968992.171270
>>> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> minutes
>> roaring
>> for
>> evidence)

>> Ernhardt?

>> retired
>>> only
>> about
>>> they

>>> Didn't you name her as beneficiary on your life insurance? Ever hear
>> of
>>> "accidental death?" Geez, I would think that would be incentive
>> enough
>>> to allow you to race anytime you want. Boy, it's amazing what a
>> piece
>>> of paper will do to some people.
>>
>> Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She
>doesn't
>> want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
>> reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )
>>
>> Mickey
>>

>Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we work
>something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with the
>kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs ya, huh?
>Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for everyone,
>although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll find him
>in California? It's worth a try anyway.

Um, I'm in California. Does that help, or am I to weird/deranged? :-?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109868576.569785.24490
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Diane wrote:
> >> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in news:g1HVd.81369$g16.15286
> >> @trndny08:

If
> > it

> >> Don't forget the Liberals
> >
> > What, pray tell, is wrong with Liberals?
> >

> They're the ruination of the world.

No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to the
rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove their
religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.

Mickey
March 3, 2005 12:49:42 PM

jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>
>>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797126.923616.227070
>>@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

>>> minutes
>>> roaring
>>> for
>>> evidence)

>>> Ernhardt?

>>> retired
>>> about

>>> of
>>> enough
>>> piece
>>>
>>> Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She
>>doesn't
>>> want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
>>> reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )
>>>
>>> Mickey
>>>

>>Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we work
>>something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with
>>the kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs
>>ya, huh? Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for
>>everyone, although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe
>>I'll find him in California? It's worth a try anyway.
>
> Um, I'm in California. Does that help, or am I to weird/deranged?
> :-?

It's all in the name. Btw, whereabouts? I'll be in Palmdale effective
3/13. Can't wait to get outta this cold. Tired of the snow and I'm
looking forward to the desert, lol.

Diane
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:22:50 PM

> > If
> > it's

> >> They're the ruination of the world.
> >
> > No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to
the
> > rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove
their
> > religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals

Liberals want to lower taxes on the rich?
Liberals want to limit stem cell research?
Liberals want prayer in school and the 10 Commandments tatooed to
everyone's ass.

Where are these so called liberals?

Mickey
March 3, 2005 7:29:45 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109861025.216286.162690
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797126.923616.227070
>> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>>

> <snippopotomus>
>
>> > Money is not a concern for my wife, she's absurdly wealthy. She
>> doesn't
>> > want to be left to raise the kids alone. That and the fact that for
>> > reasons beyond my comprehension, she loves me :o )
>> >
>> > Mickey
>> >

>> Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we
> work
>> something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with
> the
>> kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs ya,
> huh?
>> Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for everyone,
>
>> although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll find
> him
>> in California? It's worth a try anyway.
>
> California? Not on a bet would you find this little boy there. If it
> ain't mudslides, it's brush fires. If it ain't brush fires, it's
> earthquakes. And for all that joy, you get to pay taxes through every
> orifice nature created and a few unintended ones. Worst of all is the
> nature of people in my field there, that being taht they are far more
> interested in your tailor than the quality of your work. A clothes
> horse I'm not.
>
> Mickey

I hear ya, but sometimes we run out of choices dear,
March 3, 2005 7:35:24 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> California? Not on a bet would you find this little boy there. If it
> ain't mudslides, it's brush fires. If it ain't brush fires, it's
> earthquakes.

California - The Granola State
It's all fruits and nuts and flakes.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
March 3, 2005 7:42:55 PM

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in news:g1HVd.81369$g16.15286
@trndny08:

> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> California? Not on a bet would you find this little boy there. If it
>> ain't mudslides, it's brush fires. If it ain't brush fires, it's
>> earthquakes.
>
> California - The Granola State
> It's all fruits and nuts and flakes.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Don't forget the Liberals
March 3, 2005 8:01:51 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109868576.569785.24490
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in news:g1HVd.81369$g16.15286
>> @trndny08:
>>

>> > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> it
>> >
>> > California - The Granola State
>> > It's all fruits and nuts and flakes.
>> >

>> Don't forget the Liberals
>
> What, pray tell, is wrong with Liberals?
>
> Mickey

They're the ruination of the world.
March 3, 2005 9:56:26 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109870064.952382.325860
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109868576.569785.24490
>> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> If
>> > it
> it's

>> > What, pray tell, is wrong with Liberals?
>> >

>> They're the ruination of the world.
>
> No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to the
> rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove their
> religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.
>
> Mickey

No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals
March 3, 2005 11:26:08 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109877770.753266.135880
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109870064.952382.325860
>> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> there.
>> > If
>> > it's

>> > No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to
> the
>> > rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove
> their
>> > religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.
>> >
>> > Mickey
>> >

>> No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals
>
> Liberals want to lower taxes on the rich?
> Liberals want to limit stem cell research?
> Liberals want prayer in school and the 10 Commandments tatooed to
> everyone's ass.
>
> Where are these so called liberals?
>
> Mickey

That's what I'm trying to tell ya. They're in California!!!
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:01:23 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>>
>>>Uh, in that case. I'm not too proud to accept a handout. Can we work
>>>something out here? I don't blame her for not want to be left with
>>>the kids. I guess there's a purpose for ya afterall. And she luvs
>>>ya, huh? Sheesh. Well, I guess that proves that there's someone for
>>>everyone, although I'm still waiting for my someone. Hmmmmmm, maybe
>>>I'll find him in California? It's worth a try anyway.
>>
>> Um, I'm in California. Does that help, or am I to weird/deranged?
>> :-?
>
>It's all in the name. Btw, whereabouts? I'll be in Palmdale effective
>3/13. Can't wait to get outta this cold. Tired of the snow and I'm
>looking forward to the desert, lol.

Go as far west as possible, then as far south as possible while staying in
California. :-)
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:03:13 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109877770.753266.135880
>@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>

>> Diane wrote:
>>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109870064.952382.325860
>>> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

>> there.

>> the
>> their

>>> No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals
>>
>> Liberals want to lower taxes on the rich?
>> Liberals want to limit stem cell research?
>> Liberals want prayer in school and the 10 Commandments tatooed to
>> everyone's ass.
>>
>> Where are these so called liberals?
>>
>> Mickey
>>

>That's what I'm trying to tell ya. They're in California!!!

They are? I thought they were in Washington D.C.

Now I'm all confused. :-(
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:03:45 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109870064.952382.325860
>@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

>> Diane wrote:
>>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109868576.569785.24490
>>> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>> If
>> it's

>>> They're the ruination of the world.
>>
>> No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to the
>> rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove their
>> religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.
>>
>> Mickey
>>

>No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals

Hey, I am not a fruit.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:03:46 AM

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>

>>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109870064.952382.325860
>>@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

>>>If

>>>it's

>>>No, that's those right wing, tax the poor and give a free ride to the
>>>rich, stop all progress (such as stem cell research), and shove their
>>>religious convictions down everyone's throat, conservatives.
>>>
>>>Mickey
>>>

>>No, that would be the fruits, nuts and flakes - all liberals
>

> Hey, I am not a fruit.
Only in this NG would an off topic post <which BTW nobody complained
about the OP not putting OT in the subject line ;-)> turn into a
political debate.
March 4, 2005 1:10:00 AM

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>
>>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in
>>
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote

>>> Um, I'm in California. Does that help, or am I to weird/deranged?
>>> :-?
>>
>>It's all in the name. Btw, whereabouts? I'll be in Palmdale
>>effective 3/13. Can't wait to get outta this cold. Tired of the snow
>>and I'm looking forward to the desert, lol.
>
> Go as far west as possible, then as far south as possible while
> staying in California. :-)

Sounds like San Diego
March 4, 2005 1:10:42 AM

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote
>
>>"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109877770.753266.135880
>>@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

>>> there.

>>> the
>>> their

>>> Liberals want to lower taxes on the rich?
>>> Liberals want to limit stem cell research?
>>> Liberals want prayer in school and the 10 Commandments tatooed to
>>> everyone's ass.
>>>
>>> Where are these so called liberals?
>>>
>>> Mickey
>>>

>>That's what I'm trying to tell ya. They're in California!!!
>
> They are? I thought they were in Washington D.C.
>
> Now I'm all confused. :-(

Yep, that's b/c you're male
!