Halo Sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

I use 1 sensitivity, and back when we played H1 on XBC alot I can recall of the ogre bro's playing with a low to mid setting as well, but can recall what it was. I believe that they are considered pros now and it seems like alot of people know who they are, but if I remember I will aim them next time they are on and ask. Just remember that lower sensitivity usually equals more accuracy...look at the CS players lol, most of them play with sensitivity of what?!? .2 and crap. Idk if I could go that low, but most of my games I stay pretty low on.

Best,

3Ball

Arkive

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
I stick around 4. With MLG that seems to be the most liked. For most 4 is to slow, but 5 is too fast.

I believe Ogre2 (arguably one of the best halo 3 players at the moment), uses 2 sens.

Also, try playing on splitscreen. It increases your FOV from 60 degrees to 90, and also gets rid of aim acceleration (when you turn on full screen it starts slow, then speeds up).

When it comes down to it, its all about preference, and where you can keep a steady BR shot.

Whats your gamer tag? We should play some customs sometime. (assuming you have xbox live)

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Yea I just spoke to his brother ogre1 and lol, I already forget, but one playes on 2 and the other on 3 so you are probably correct on that one. Thx for the explanation on the splitscreen. I have always wandered why it felt slightly different. With the lag that my HDTV gives me i feel it much less on split screen. Interesting...

Best,

3Ball

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Cool thanks guys. I don't have a 360 yet, but will get one with Xbox live and halo by the end of March. I usually just play at my friends house. I will probably start using a lower sensitivity. I always figured if it was faster I would be able to aim quicker, but it seems like its better for a lower sensitivity. Its kind of funny, I have a friend who is an amazing sniper and he plays with 1. My other friends and I always call him a noob because he's a little younger than us but still owns us and he's playing on 1. Now I'll have to spread the word that the pros do it and then he's gonna be like I TOLD U GUYS!

G

ok, so i know thats this thread has been inactive for awhile, but i just wanna say my opinion. i use a 4 sensitivity. its great for getting to an enemy, and keeping the reticule on them for the headshots. also, many pros use this. the technique they use to scope in with the br while fighting is helped by this because once shot out of scope, they can still have a good shot at the enemy to shoot them out of scope, and confuse them to get your last shots in. i switched to a 4 sensitivity about 6 months ago, and havent lost a br match yet. :ange:

Also, try playing on bumper jumper. it allows you to jumps, beat down, look, and shoot at the same time. 4 is really effective with this because when you jump, you dont have to push the look button to much to make it to their head.

of course, i will also condradict that if you can "ogre twitch" the looks stick, then a 7-8 might be good. the "twitch" allows you to configure a nice "swoop" of the stick so you can get to your opponent quicker. it also helps get use to a higher sens. i havent tried this yet, but it apparently works for ogre 1 and ogre 2, and they recently got a 1mill contract signing deal with MLG... :eek:

joeyd93

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
most ppl use sensivity of 2-4, 's,like procuz you dont fly around with your sight, and you can easily give headshots. and as you know headshots do more damage then normal chestshots

Status
Not open for further replies.