GDC 08: A Tribes Sequel? Sort Of

Article by Rob Wright

The popular PC game series Tribes is getting a new title - sort of. GarageGames is set to launch to Fallen Empire: Legions, the spiritual successor to Tribes, for its new InstantAction platform. Get your jetpacks ready.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/02/27/tribes_sequel/
6 answers Last reply
More about tribes sequel sort
  1. Although I never really got into Tribes, it was a pretty awesome game (my slow internet connection made shooters really bad).
  2. looking forward to this title.. Not looking forward to a steam like app. Fcuk STEAM!
  3. I was a heavy user of Tribes 1 and to a certain extent, Tribes 2. I ran a Tribes 1 server for almost a year really enjoyed the game. I hated what happened to the franchise when Vivende got control and was glad to see Garage Games retained the Torque engine rights.

Now, to see this new "Cousin" makes me a little happy. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  4. Well, I'm looking forward to it. Tribes was my second real foray into online combat (the first being the immortal Interstate '76).
  5. ATTENTION: I NOW HAVE W00D!!! ;)
  6. I agree F@#* steam. Steam is a joke.
    I loved tribes, however tribes 2 sucked. Hope this is more like the orginal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games