Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 In..

New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed

Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx

Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

thanks

Chris Norred
Tech editor

Sounds like a wimpy idea,why rely on others for things you should
learn for yourself..Get a load of the junk computer she's working with,
128mb of ram ! You'll get far with that in xp,that doesnt even meet
microsofts ram min. recomendations for xp (256mb).

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Sounds like a wimpy idea,why rely on others for things you should
> learn for yourself..Get a load of the junk computer she's working with,
> 128mb of ram ! You'll get far with that in xp,that doesnt even meet
> microsofts ram min. recomendations for xp (256mb).
>
> "Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed
> >
> > Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
> > do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
> > SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx
> >
> > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Chris Norred
> > Tech editor

I have tried for 2 months to install the service pack 2 myself. I do not
have a laptop that I can take to someone to install it for me. I do
everything - I believe, by disabling anti virus, accelerator, kodak, and
cleaning up all my files. The program does fine until mid installation and I
get "access denied" Can you give me any help? I had a file number with
mssupport microsoft.com but never was able to solve my problem.

paljoey

"Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:

> New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed
>
> Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
> do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
> SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx
>
> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
>
> thanks
>
> Chris Norred
> Tech editor

I have tried everything - disabling accelerator, antivirus, kodak, cleaned up
files. Everything works fine until midway through install when I get "access
denied". What can I do? I cannot carry my desktop----any suggestions?