Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 In..

New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed

Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx

Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

thanks

Chris Norred
Tech editor
More about column visiting service center service pack

    Sounds like a wimpy idea,why rely on others for things you should
    learn for yourself..Get a load of the junk computer she's working with,
    128mb of ram ! You'll get far with that in xp,that doesnt even meet
    microsofts ram min. recomendations for xp (256mb).

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Sounds like a wimpy idea,why rely on others for things you should
    > learn for yourself..Get a load of the junk computer she's working with,
    > 128mb of ram ! You'll get far with that in xp,that doesnt even meet
    > microsofts ram min. recomendations for xp (256mb).
    >
    > "Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    > > New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed
    > >
    > > Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
    > > do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
    > > SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx
    > >
    > > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Chris Norred
    > > Tech editor

    I have tried for 2 months to install the service pack 2 myself. I do not
    have a laptop that I can take to someone to install it for me. I do
    everything - I believe, by disabling anti virus, accelerator, kodak, and
    cleaning up all my files. The program does fine until mid installation and I
    get "access denied" Can you give me any help? I had a file number with
    mssupport microsoft.com but never was able to solve my problem.

    paljoey

    "Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:

    > New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed
    >
    > Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
    > do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
    > SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Chris Norred
    > Tech editor

    I have tried everything - disabling accelerator, antivirus, kodak, cleaned up
    files. Everything works fine until midway through install when I get "access
    denied". What can I do? I cannot carry my desktop----any suggestions?

    "Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:

    > New Column: Visiting a Service Center to Get Service Pack 2 Installed
    >
    > Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone Community Columnist Joli Ballew resists the
    > do-it-yourself urge and takes a challenging laptop to a tech center to get
    > SP2. It's an option for you or your less-techie friends.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/ballew_04sept20.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Chris Norred
    > Tech editor

Do It Yourself Microsoft Windows XP