paulwd5

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
I have an older computer that I am changing out the CPU in, not a problem. Now the problem is that there is no manuals anywhere that I can find that tell me where I need to set my jumpers to get it to run the faster CPU. The motherboard is a Visiontop Technology manufactured and has a VIA Apollo MVP3 chipset. If it helps the BIOS string is 2A5LEV5CC-00 with an AWARD bios. The motherboard itself has 2 ISA slots 5 PCI slots 1 AGP and 3 DIMM slots. The board was purchased from Tiger Direct many years ago and had an AMD K6-2 350 CPU. I got a good deal on a 550 and would like to swap them out. Any manuals that would show some info on this board would be great. By the way Visiontop's web site is dead that is why I am turning to you to help me out.

Bardic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001
OK, I was a little bored here at work, and I will walk you through what I did in case you need to find this out for another motherboard sometime.

I did a search in Google for the 2A5LEV5CC, and came up with a few pages, so it looks like your board is an S7-MVP3.

Then I went back to google and searched with: +S7-MVP3 +pdf
since most manuals are in pdf format.

and I just took the first page.
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Market/2978/pc/S7-MVP3/index-e.html
That should have everything you need for jumper settings.