file download dialog box doesn't pop up anymore

Tags:
  • Download
  • Dialog
  • Windows XP
September 27, 2004 9:12:27 PM

I can't figure out how to get my file download dialog box
to pop up again so I can choose where to save my files to.

I accidently unchecked the "Always ask before opening
this type of file" box and now I can't figure out how to
get that back.

I would greatly appreciate help with this if someone
knows how to fix this. Thanks in advance!

More about : file download dialog box pop anymore

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:46:14 AM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:12:27 -0700, Joe wrote:

> I can't figure out how to get my file download dialog box
> to pop up again so I can choose where to save my files to.
>
> I accidently unchecked the "Always ask before opening
> this type of file" box and now I can't figure out how to
> get that back.
>
> I would greatly appreciate help with this if someone
> knows how to fix this. Thanks in advance!

Folder Options> File Types. Scroll down to the file type involved. Click
Advanced. On the screen that appears, check the box to "Confirm open after
download." OK your way back to the desktop.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User