XP Home issue

Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some system
polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need access
to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in XP Pro.
Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated

- -
SM
3 answers Last reply
More about home issue

    Doug's Windows XP Security Console

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "StuMcCann" wrote:

    | Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some system
    | polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need access
    | to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in XP Pro.
    | Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated
    |
    | - -
    | SM

    Hi,

    No, there isn't. It's not included in WinXP Home systems.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "StuMcCann" <StuMcCann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some
    > system
    > polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need
    > access
    > to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in
    > XP Pro.
    > Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated
    >
    > - -
    > SM

    Because Windows XP Home Edition does not include the Local Security Settings
    Console, you can't enable Auditing on a computer running Home Edition.

    --
    NevBud

    Winners: They have the guts to face the envy and hatred of the losers and
    the wrath of the gods.
    StuMcCann <StuMcCann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi grateful for any help. I'm using XP Home I need to change some system
    > polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need
    access
    > to the Policy editor 'Local Security Policies' I think its called in XP
    Pro.
    > Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated
    >
    > - -
    > SM

Microsoft Windows XP