XP Home issue

September 27, 2004 10:03:02 PM

Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some system
polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need access
to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in XP Pro.
Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated

- -
SM

More about : home issue

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 12:34:44 AM

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"StuMcCann" wrote:

| Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some system
| polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need access
| to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in XP Pro.
| Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated
|
| - -
| SM
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:57:32 AM

Hi,

No, there isn't. It's not included in WinXP Home systems.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"StuMcCann" <StuMcCann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 12DE4DF-0113-40EC-9EDD-64A5C17EB690@microsoft.com...
> Hi grateful for any help. I’m using XP Home I need to change some
> system
> polices for my network and the way users access bits and bats. I need
> access
> to the Policy editor ‘Local Security Policies‘ I think its called in
> XP Pro.
> Is there anyway to access this Admin tool. Thanks greatly appreciated
>
> - -
> SM
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 6:28:19 PM

Because Windows XP Home Edition does not include the Local Security Settings
Console, you can't enable Auditing on a computer running Home Edition.

--
NevBud

Winners: They have the guts to face the envy and hatred of the losers and
the wrath of the gods.

!