macca

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004

Hi all
I have set up 3 accounts 1 for me and 1 each for my kids.I have made them
all administrators. When I load some programs they will only play from one
account my acc. You can access them from the start menu of the kids accounts
but they won`t play.My account is the only one with password access. Can
anyone help??

Macca wrote:
> I have set up 3 accounts 1 for me and 1 each for my kids.I have made
> them all administrators. When I load some programs they will only
> play from one account my acc. You can access them from the start menu
> of the kids accounts but they won`t play.My account is the only one
> with password access. Can anyone help??

Which programs will not play from all accounts (especially if they are
admins)?

It may be these applications are installing something "unique" in the
"Current User" registry or current user profile.

--
<- Shenan ->

Hi,

You probably have to install the programs while logged on under their
accounts, this is not unusual, especially with older Win9x software. More on
why this happens: http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have set up 3 accounts 1 for me and 1 each for my kids.I have made them
> all administrators. When I load some programs they will only play from one
> account my acc. You can access them from the start menu of the kids
> accounts
> but they won`t play.My account is the only one with password access. Can
> anyone help??

Gordon

"Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have set up 3 accounts 1 for me and 1 each for my kids.I have made them
> all administrators.

Oooooh! BIG mistake. This means that your kids have access to EVERYTHING and
can perform ALL functions on your machine. Turn their accounts to Limited
and password-protect yours and the Administrator Account immediately if you
haven't already done so.

TRENDING THREADS