tbrinin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
I am going to be attempting to build my first system in the near future. While I cannot afford a top of the line machine I am looking at getting an Intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghz.

The board I am looking at to use is the Giga byte GA-81HXP2. This board has the E850 chip set so I will be using rambus. I am wondering what the opinions towards giga byte boards are here? Are they reliable or am I looking for possible problems? How about this board in particular? It seems to have received good reviews.

Also I believe this board will allow me good upgrade potential in the future, possible upgrading the chip as the prices fall. Does anyone know if this is the case or I am far off?

Thank you for all your help. I have spent a great deal of time recently reading reviews and comments on this site and these boards. It has finally convinced me to try a build my own instead of purchasing computers that I am never happy with.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's the GA-8IHXP2 (following their naming scheme the I makes sense, a 1 doesn't). Well the GA-8IHXP was the best i850E board a couple months ago, I expect the second revision to be equally impressive.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS