ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
is there any risk involved in flashing the bios if i follow the instructions on my mobo website?i am using an albatron kx400+ - does anyone have any experience of flashing its bios?this may be a stupid question but you don't have to reinstall your os or anything after flashing bios do you?

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Of course there is risk involved in any bios flashing. How can you be so sure no power failure would occur during flashing, for example :frown: . It's just a matter of how to minimize the risk.

I have flashed my Gigabyte bios 5 times since I bought it six months ago and have no problem at all. I wonder why they released so many bios updates in such a short period of time. Is this a sign of bad mobo design? Anyway, I found the most secure way of flashing bios is from the DOS mode.

You don't have to reinstall os after any bios flashing. You might need to re-configure the bios settings though.

OAPTyf

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
Lo,

I flashed my bios twice without any problems... Asus P2B-F mobo. And I think it does reset ur options to default, so check that afterwards.

E