Sign in with
Your question

HL2EP2 annoying self humping bug?

Last response: in Video Games
March 3, 2008 4:20:59 AM

Anyone knows how to fix the annoying Self humping bug on HL2EP2? (Basically your character does little quick jumps randomly) Was playing all Half life 2 games and just got the EP2 and ran into this rather annoying bug. Already tried reinstalling but to no avail, any ideas?
March 4, 2008 12:09:27 PM

Solved it by updating the game... But now Alyx or anyone else will speak to me, so I have to use captions :/  Any ideas on how to fix the bug? Game is already fully updated and just made a clean windows installation to be sure.
March 4, 2008 1:24:45 PM

Is it just the voice audio or all the sound isn't going? Might want to check that as I have the same sound card(just the Fatality Pro edition) and have yet to have any sound issuse in any HL2 game.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 4, 2008 10:18:34 PM

just the voice audio, I can hear all of the explosions and game sounds in general, except the dialog from any of the characters.
March 5, 2008 4:57:48 PM

What driver version are you using (compared to JimmySmitty)?
March 6, 2008 1:19:43 AM

Well I've got the latest that my Creative AutoUpdate software will allow me to get. The problem is not only that I can't hear their voices, but also their mouths will not move (Which is something that the HL2 games are known for, their excellent facial expressions), note that this only happens on HL2EP2, it works just fine on HL2 and HL2EP1, however this only started happening after I completely updated my HL2EP2 to fix the Self humping bug.
March 6, 2008 10:59:30 AM

Hmm. If it was me I'd do a full uninstall and reinstall from scratch. No guarantee it'll help though :( 
March 6, 2008 11:23:29 AM

Yep that's what I'd do as well... and I did it before posting :( . Already finished EP2 anyway, just wanting to know how to fix it, because im definitely playing it again when EP3 is out.
March 6, 2008 11:53:25 AM

I can't find anything with that bug, the no voices/facial expressions one. Seems you might just have bad luck. One question, are you using Steam for your games or no?

I did find this but my work blocks it. Try this and see if it works. I will double check it at home today. Good Luck.

www.steamfriends.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=783
March 6, 2008 12:57:35 PM

You are definitely the most beautiful man on earth! You fixed it :D ! Time to burn that GCFScape thing on a CD along with a homemade NFO to remind me the instructions :X Thanks so much.. guess the Sound subfolder on ep2 folder didn't extract from the GCF properly.
March 6, 2008 1:27:22 PM

emp said:
You are definitely the most beautiful man on earth! You fixed it :D ! Time to burn that GCFScape thing on a CD along with a homemade NFO to remind me the instructions :X Thanks so much.. guess the Sound subfolder on ep2 folder didn't extract from the GCF properly.

No problem. Glad to help. Now go play EP2 again in all its glorious wounder. I thought it had to do something with the sound folder but it took a while to find something.

Enjoy. And just for fun you should get GMod 10. I just downloaded the nukes for it and have been having sooooo much fun with it....except when I am too close and blow myself up. Although when I do the ragdoll physics are fun. Launched myself into the air and I landed in the water haha!!!
!