Immediate Logoff after Logon????

Tags:
  • Windows XP
September 28, 2004 9:21:45 AM

Something very strange has happened. I did a power off
shutdown of Windows XP. After rebooting, when I try to
logon to any of the 5 accounts that I had defined to my
PC, the account screensaver appears but then I get a
message that the settings are being saved and the the
account does an immediate logoff. I can't logon. This
happens with all 5 accounts. I don't know what I did and
how to get into the account. Any advice, anyone. Thanks
in advance. Alan
..

More about : logoff logon

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 3:06:10 PM

Alan Kauf-Stern wrote:
> Something very strange has happened. I did a power off
> shutdown of Windows XP. After rebooting, when I try to
> logon to any of the 5 accounts that I had defined to my
> PC, the account screensaver appears but then I get a
> message that the settings are being saved and the the
> account does an immediate logoff. I can't logon. This
> happens with all 5 accounts. I don't know what I did and
> how to get into the account. Any advice, anyone. Thanks
> in advance. Alan

See if this article helps:

Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE