Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wow, would you look at that!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 28, 2005 7:34:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ok, I've been wanting one of those new Glorious Axes since forever. Ok,
since I saw it on the items list, at least.
Then I was looking down the list at the Exceptional Axes, and what did I
find?

An Executioner's Justice Jr, AKA The Minotaur

Executioner's Justice
~358 Average Damage
30 IAS
25% CB
CtC Decrepify

Minotaur after Upgrade
~300 Damage, if you get a high ED one
Hit Blinds Target +2
Half Freeze Duration
+15-20 to Strength
Slows Target by 50%
+30% Chance of Crushing Blow
Adds 20-30 damage
+140-200% Enhanced Damage
Add a Merc with a Decrep stick, and you've got an Executioner's Justice,
right there!! :) 

Anyway, what I'd want to do is make a Zealot around this weapon. No Holy
Shield, just pure offense. If the going gets tough, let the party members
handle it!
With a Shael in an upped Minotaur, Zeal, and Lvl 20 Fanat the speed of both
axes would be the same (7 frames). It just needs 35 total IAS to get it
down to 6 frames, which is acceptable, so I'd probably just put on some
gloves with IAS and stick an IAS jewel into a VampireGaze or Rockstopper or
something. Harley would be pretty cool I guess, but I don't have any spares
lying around.
I've got a 38% ED jewel somewhere looking for a home, would this be a good
candidate?

20 Fanat
20 Charge
4 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
1 Vengeance for PI's
That's done at 71 points, leaving me plenty to play with. Assuming I can
keep the merc alive to break most of the PI's, I'll probably go for either
Might or Vigor, to beef up Charge.

Considering a Might or HF merc so far.
So watcha think??


short - and does anyone have either of these axes laying around for cheap??

More about : wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 28, 2005 8:59:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
news:38hh41F5o2upqU1@individual.net...
> Ok, I've been wanting one of those new Glorious Axes since forever. Ok,
> since I saw it on the items list, at least.
> Then I was looking down the list at the Exceptional Axes, and what did I
> find?
>
> An Executioner's Justice Jr, AKA The Minotaur
>
> Executioner's Justice
> ~358 Average Damage
> 30 IAS
> 25% CB
> CtC Decrepify
>
> Minotaur after Upgrade
> ~300 Damage, if you get a high ED one
> Hit Blinds Target +2
> Half Freeze Duration
> +15-20 to Strength
> Slows Target by 50%
> +30% Chance of Crushing Blow
> Adds 20-30 damage
> +140-200% Enhanced Damage
> Add a Merc with a Decrep stick, and you've got an Executioner's Justice,
> right there!! :) 

Well except you lack the weapons IAS, and lock your merc into a specific
weapon.

> Anyway, what I'd want to do is make a Zealot around this weapon. No Holy
> Shield, just pure offense.

If you're making a 2 handed weapon pure offense zealot, there are better
weapons than either of these 2 axes.

> I've got a 38% ED jewel somewhere looking for a home, would this be a good
> candidate?

No.

> Considering a Might or HF merc so far.
> So watcha think??

You have no shield to block with. You have no def boost from HS. You have a
rather slow(for a pally) attack speed. You have a harder time maxing
resists. And your damage is less than any zealot wielding a 1 handed eth
BotD or Oath axe or a NON-eth Grief weapon, much less one wielding an eth
BotD or Oath or a non-eth Grief in a 2 handed weapon. If that doesn't make
HF the obvious choice, I don't know what will.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 2:22:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Hi,

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in
news:38hh41F5o2upqU1@individual.net:

> Minotaur after Upgrade
> ~300 Damage, if you get a high ED one
> Hit Blinds Target +2
> Half Freeze Duration
> +15-20 to Strength
> Slows Target by 50%
> +30% Chance of Crushing Blow
> Adds 20-30 damage
> +140-200% Enhanced Damage

funny, I just got one too from NM Baal yesterday. But I must admit, I
wasn't too impressed by it. But that mebbe because I just don't like two-
handed axes.

My level 75 pally ranger wouldn't even have the 165 STR the upped version
requires (at least 30 STR points short). And you will have a big resist
problem in Hell..

My pally has this nice scepter on weapon switch:

Heaven's Light
165-219 damage (one-handed)
-33% target defense
+33% Crushing blow
+20% IAS
+ 3 all pally skills
2 sockets

With a Spirit shield, these two alone add +5 to pally skills.

Regards,

Oliver
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 2:07:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> look good in that trenchcoat:

>20 Fanat
>20 Charge
>4 Zeal
>20 Sacrifice
>1 Vengeance for PI's
>That's done at 71 points, leaving me plenty to play with. Assuming I can
>keep the merc alive to break most of the PI's, I'll probably go for either
>Might or Vigor, to beef up Charge.
>
>Considering a Might or HF merc so far.
>So watcha think??

Might merc to fully enforce the theme, if you can gear up around it.

But it will depend on which axe you end up using, as to whether you have you
CTC decrep. Some of those new polearm runewords look pretty tasty if you can
get your decrep elsewhere.

Weird -> Barb merc with a Lawbringer is another option (was that the new one
with the funky mods but low damage? It's been a while, hehe), although you'd
of course losing the option of an HF/Might aura. Although, you'd get a
Sanctuary aura (right?) as an amusing little crowd control tool in undead
abodes. Could be a nice theme to go with the whacky build.

>short - and does anyone have either of these axes laying around for cheap??

I didn't really look at your build too (I'll take your word for it on the
speed calcs and item stats etc), closely, but I suggest contacting one of the
surviving team UWW members, as likely a lot of gear is gathering dust, and
there might well be one or both of those axes waiting to go to a good home.

Sounds like a fun build. I quite liked playing a ribcraker zealot in 1.09,
and Dalai made one in 1.10 (with the upped version of the 'cracker). What
are the strength requirements on those axes?

UWW may still have one of those cannot be frozen/big resist all unique
circlets (kiras something? I forget now). That would certainly make it
easier to get your resists up even with a shaftstop in your armour slot
(string or verdungos in the belt slot they might be able to set you up with,
too).
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 2:07:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:er4721tq5lobfa3241lrk98pemu8ihg4po@4ax.com...
> My my, doesn't "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> look good in that
trenchcoat:
>
> >20 Fanat
> >20 Charge
> >4 Zeal
> >20 Sacrifice
> >1 Vengeance for PI's
> >That's done at 71 points, leaving me plenty to play with. Assuming I can
> >keep the merc alive to break most of the PI's, I'll probably go for
either
> >Might or Vigor, to beef up Charge.
> >
> >Considering a Might or HF merc so far.
> >So watcha think??
>
> Might merc to fully enforce the theme, if you can gear up around it.
>
What do you mean by that, exactly?

> But it will depend on which axe you end up using, as to whether you have
you
> CTC decrep. Some of those new polearm runewords look pretty tasty if you
can
> get your decrep elsewhere.
>
I could go for Conviction to break the PI's, or just use Vengeance :)  Then
go for the HF merc to slow them down anyway.

> Weird -> Barb merc with a Lawbringer is another option (was that the new
one
> with the funky mods but low damage? It's been a while, hehe), although
you'd
> of course losing the option of an HF/Might aura. Although, you'd get a
> Sanctuary aura (right?) as an amusing little crowd control tool in undead
> abodes. Could be a nice theme to go with the whacky build.
>
Hrm, I didn't think of that. I'll have a look at those too.

> >short - and does anyone have either of these axes laying around for
cheap??
>
> I didn't really look at your build too (I'll take your word for it on the
> speed calcs and item stats etc), closely, but I suggest contacting one of
the
> surviving team UWW members, as likely a lot of gear is gathering dust, and
> there might well be one or both of those axes waiting to go to a good
home.
>
Wooot! I'll holler at whoever I see online next and see what you have in
store.

> Sounds like a fun build. I quite liked playing a ribcraker zealot in
1.09,
> and Dalai made one in 1.10 (with the upped version of the 'cracker).
What
> are the strength requirements on those axes?
>
162 or something upgraded, I think. Ribcracker would be cool too, but I
really like the look of those Axes.


> UWW may still have one of those cannot be frozen/big resist all unique
> circlets (kiras something? I forget now). That would certainly make it
> easier to get your resists up even with a shaftstop in your armour slot
> (string or verdungos in the belt slot they might be able to set you up
with,
> too).
>

Ooo, that would be cool. Did I mention shaftstop in my post? If I didn't I
was planning on digging one of those up as well. I'm pretty sure I have
Verdungo's somewhere, unless I gave it away and forgot about it.


short
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 2:07:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:40:35 -0500, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
wrote:

>
>> UWW may still have one of those cannot be frozen/big resist all unique
>> circlets (kiras something? I forget now). That would certainly make it
>> easier to get your resists up even with a shaftstop in your armour slot
>> (string or verdungos in the belt slot they might be able to set you up
>with,
>> too).
>>
>
>Ooo, that would be cool. Did I mention shaftstop in my post? If I didn't I
>was planning on digging one of those up as well. I'm pretty sure I have
>Verdungo's somewhere, unless I gave it away and forgot about it.
>
>

iirc we have like 3 or 4 of those lying around, gathering dust. Feel
free to SBTSMF :-)

>short
>
Kai
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 3:25:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> look good in that trenchcoat:

>> >Considering a Might or HF merc so far.
>> >So watcha think??

>> Might merc to fully enforce the theme, if you can gear up around it.

>What do you mean by that, exactly?

Well, since the build is about big time damage, so thematically, you want to
combine it with a merc that increases said big time damage. Standard
disclaimers about other gear, it's SC mode, it's short, yadda yadda. But
standard disclaimers almost don't need to be used here, because we all know
people will always give you whatever gear you need, since you're the SBSMF
master.

To explain further, Might merc can have a harder time surviving than an HF
merc, *if* you don't have the gear to match the build, as we know (that's what
I meant by "if you can gear up"). Also, since you mentioned that one axe had
CTC decrep, and one did not, that's going to affect what other gear you end up
using. I tend to use HF mercs on builds where I don't know what other gear
they're going to have, and Might when I have a specific gear plan in plan.
One exception has been post-1.10 WW barbs, where I always have used an HF merc
to reduce the frequency of being mana burned.

>> But it will depend on which axe you end up using, as to whether you have
>you
>> CTC decrep. Some of those new polearm runewords look pretty tasty if you
>can
>> get your decrep elsewhere.
>>
>I could go for Conviction to break the PI's, or just use Vengeance :)  Then
>go for the HF merc to slow them down anyway.

For lesser pain, I'd suggest having the decrep in the build one way or
another. You've got one axe option there, or a new runeword to do it, as
mentioned, and didn't I give you my eth reapers toll a couple of months ago?

Hey, how about you use the axe with decrep, and give your might merc a doom
polearm? j/k

>> Weird -> Barb merc with a Lawbringer is another option (was that the new
>one
>> with the funky mods but low damage? It's been a while, hehe), although
>you'd
>> of course losing the option of an HF/Might aura. Although, you'd get a
>> Sanctuary aura (right?) as an amusing little crowd control tool in undead
>> abodes. Could be a nice theme to go with the whacky build.

>Hrm, I didn't think of that. I'll have a look at those too.

Barb merc is for enhancing the "wow, now that's funky" aspect of the build,
rather than the damage aspect, obviously.

>> I didn't really look at your build too (I'll take your word for it on the
>> speed calcs and item stats etc), closely, but I suggest contacting one of
>the
>> surviving team UWW members, as likely a lot of gear is gathering dust, and
>> there might well be one or both of those axes waiting to go to a good
>home.

>Wooot! I'll holler at whoever I see online next and see what you have in
>store.

Also, if after you plan out the rest of your gear, and think you can work with
a shaftstop in the armour slot instead of a big resist piece, let me know, as
there's one sitting on the cursor of my MF sorc (I'll mail you the details of
the account and you can collect it yourself).

>Ooo, that would be cool. Did I mention shaftstop in my post? If I didn't I
>was planning on digging one of those up as well. I'm pretty sure I have
>Verdungo's somewhere, unless I gave it away and forgot about it.

Okay, well, if you can't dig up a shaftstop elsewhere, there's one on my MF
sorc's cursor, as I said.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 3:58:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Kai Scholz-Starke" <bergzwerg@arcor.de> wrote in message
news:9g972190okj8umvgnkbgulusdfhnp335v9@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:40:35 -0500, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >> UWW may still have one of those cannot be frozen/big resist all unique
> >> circlets (kiras something? I forget now). That would certainly make
it
> >> easier to get your resists up even with a shaftstop in your armour slot
> >> (string or verdungos in the belt slot they might be able to set you up
> >with,
> >> too).
> >>
> >
> >Ooo, that would be cool. Did I mention shaftstop in my post? If I
didn't I
> >was planning on digging one of those up as well. I'm pretty sure I have
> >Verdungo's somewhere, unless I gave it away and forgot about it.
> >
> >
>
> iirc we have like 3 or 4 of those lying around, gathering dust. Feel
> free to SBTSMF :-)
>
> >
Hehe, 3 or 4 of which one? Shaftstops, Kiras, Minotaurs, or Executioners?
:o )


short - any of those could find a good home!



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 6:29:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.03.01.18.28.19.970792@yahoo.com...
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:40:42 -0500, short wrote:
>

<snippers>

> > short - biggest problem is that both Ancient and Glorious axes have a
slow
> > speed for Paladins.
>
> I looked at some calcs and the Zealot get 6 FP from Zeal with decent
> Fanaticism and 35% IAS added elsewhere. If you are not 100%
> set on axe, it might be interesting to try a Conviction Zealot with
> the maul, gloves, belt, and boots from the IK set. The Zealot can
> also get 6 FP from that with socketing. That's not as good as
> the 5 FP of the Fury Druid, but using Conviction with a two
> hander and a maul with allow you to spend very few points on Dex,
> and you'll double the considerable elemental damage from the
> synergies. You wouldn't be spending on HS, so you could go ahead
> and max the Zeal synergy and Fanat or some Vengeance stuff if
> you wanted. The other advantage is that the non-armor parts of IK
> are pretty cheap to get - much cheaper than some of those runewords
> you list, and the synergized IK maul is in their class for a 2h.
>
>
I hate you, I really really really do.

Just when I think I have everthing all figured out, someone has to come
along and point out something else fun!!
Before Conviction, using the Maul/Boots/Gloves/Belt from IK
211-397 Fire
7-477 Lightning
127-364 Cold


Now, if a lvl 20 Conviction takes the resists down to -125%......screw it.
I'll just work with 100% :) 
Takes the elemental damage totals up to
422-794 Fire
14-954 Lightning
254-728 Cold........
or 690-2476 total elemental. Not bad at all! Throw in the CB and physical
damage, and POW! Might Merc with a Decrep Stick

And how does Vengeance work again? At lvl 14 or 15 it adds 150% F/L/C to
your attack, but 150% of what exactly? I'm thinking it factored in on the
weapon's base damage, but can't remember.

So that would change the build considerably.
1-20 Sacrifice
4 Zeal
1-20 Conviction (might as well, right?)
1 Charge
1 Redemption
1-5? Salvation
I could get 10 each in Resist Fire/Cold/Lighning at 92 points, or lvl 80
(which is around where I stop playing a char for any length of time anyway
usually).
Or possibly throw in some Fanat for the bosses, so I'm not relying totally
on CB

short
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 6:29:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:29:56 -0500, short wrote:

>
> "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.03.01.18.28.19.970792@yahoo.com...
>> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:40:42 -0500, short wrote:
>>
>
> <snippers>
>
>> > short - biggest problem is that both Ancient and Glorious axes have a
> slow
>> > speed for Paladins.
>>
>> I looked at some calcs and the Zealot get 6 FP from Zeal with decent
>> Fanaticism and 35% IAS added elsewhere. If you are not 100%
>> set on axe, it might be interesting to try a Conviction Zealot with
>> the maul, gloves, belt, and boots from the IK set. The Zealot can
>> also get 6 FP from that with socketing. That's not as good as
>> the 5 FP of the Fury Druid, but using Conviction with a two
>> hander and a maul with allow you to spend very few points on Dex,
>> and you'll double the considerable elemental damage from the
>> synergies. You wouldn't be spending on HS, so you could go ahead
>> and max the Zeal synergy and Fanat or some Vengeance stuff if
>> you wanted. The other advantage is that the non-armor parts of IK
>> are pretty cheap to get - much cheaper than some of those runewords
>> you list, and the synergized IK maul is in their class for a 2h.
>>
>>
> I hate you, I really really really do.

Glad to be of service :) 

> Just when I think I have everthing all figured out, someone has to come
> along and point out something else fun!!
> Before Conviction, using the Maul/Boots/Gloves/Belt from IK
> 211-397 Fire
> 7-477 Lightning
> 127-364 Cold
>
>
> Now, if a lvl 20 Conviction takes the resists down to -125%......screw it.
> I'll just work with 100% :) 
> Takes the elemental damage totals up to
> 422-794 Fire
> 14-954 Lightning
> 254-728 Cold........
> or 690-2476 total elemental. Not bad at all! Throw in the CB and physical
> damage, and POW! Might Merc with a Decrep Stick
>
> And how does Vengeance work again? At lvl 14 or 15 it adds 150% F/L/C to
> your attack, but 150% of what exactly? I'm thinking it factored in on the
> weapon's base damage, but can't remember.

That's right, it's based off the base damage, which includes
the strength bonus - e.g. the Might merc doesn't help the
elemental damage from Vengeance, but adds to the physical
damage and triples your leaching in the Vengeance case.
Overall damage with Vengeance can be much higher per hit,
but it is significantly slower and you need good mana leech
to keep it going to the extent you boost damage with the
skill rather than the synergies. I think it would be the
same story with the Damage to Demons bonus on the IK weapon
but I'm not 100% sure about that.

> So that would change the build considerably. 1-20 Sacrifice
> 4 Zeal
> 1-20 Conviction (might as well, right?) 1 Charge
> 1 Redemption
> 1-5? Salvation
> I could get 10 each in Resist Fire/Cold/Lighning at 92 points, or lvl 80
> (which is around where I stop playing a char for any length of time
> anyway usually).
> Or possibly throw in some Fanat for the bosses, so I'm not relying
> totally on CB

If you go the low Dex root and low Zeal route then you would have
trouble hitting with Fanat, though it would help your mercs speed
and damage.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 7:35:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
news:38jnovF5ocj9pU1@individual.net...

> Like what? Keep in mind that I'm on closed ladder, and don't have gobs of
> elites and high runes piling up in the garage :o )

Tomb Reaver, Ethereal Edge, Hellslayer, Bonehew, Steel Pillar, Cranium
Basher, plus any a few rare 2 handed weapons that get nice mods(I found a
rare cryptic axe once that had max damage of nearly 600) plus assorted
runewords which will mostly require high runes. Obedience might have better
damage though, and isn't expensive.

> Um, what's the max damage on a BotD or Oath?

Well, an eBotD zerker axe with the MINIMUM 350 ED will have damage of
162-477. And that's a one handed weapon. BotD in an eth thunder maul with
385 ED will have damage of 247-1309.

> short
>
>
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 8:25:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.03.01.20.48.39.536478@yahoo.com...
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:29:56 -0500, short wrote:
>
> >
> > "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:p an.2005.03.01.18.28.19.970792@yahoo.com...
> >> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:40:42 -0500, short wrote:
> >>
> >
> > <snippers>
> >
> >> > short - biggest problem is that both Ancient and Glorious axes have a
> > slow
> >> > speed for Paladins.
> >>
> >> I looked at some calcs and the Zealot get 6 FP from Zeal with decent
> >> Fanaticism and 35% IAS added elsewhere. If you are not 100%
> >> set on axe, it might be interesting to try a Conviction Zealot with
> >> the maul, gloves, belt, and boots from the IK set. The Zealot can
> >> also get 6 FP from that with socketing. That's not as good as
> >> the 5 FP of the Fury Druid, but using Conviction with a two
> >> hander and a maul with allow you to spend very few points on Dex,
> >> and you'll double the considerable elemental damage from the
> >> synergies. You wouldn't be spending on HS, so you could go ahead
> >> and max the Zeal synergy and Fanat or some Vengeance stuff if
> >> you wanted. The other advantage is that the non-armor parts of IK
> >> are pretty cheap to get - much cheaper than some of those runewords
> >> you list, and the synergized IK maul is in their class for a 2h.
> >>
> >>
> > I hate you, I really really really do.
>
> Glad to be of service :) 
>
:o )

> > Just when I think I have everthing all figured out, someone has to come
> > along and point out something else fun!!
> > Before Conviction, using the Maul/Boots/Gloves/Belt from IK
> > 211-397 Fire
> > 7-477 Lightning
> > 127-364 Cold
> >
> >
> > Now, if a lvl 20 Conviction takes the resists down to -125%......screw
it.
> > I'll just work with 100% :) 
> > Takes the elemental damage totals up to
> > 422-794 Fire
> > 14-954 Lightning
> > 254-728 Cold........
> > or 690-2476 total elemental. Not bad at all! Throw in the CB and
physical
> > damage, and POW! Might Merc with a Decrep Stick
> >
> > And how does Vengeance work again? At lvl 14 or 15 it adds 150% F/L/C
to
> > your attack, but 150% of what exactly? I'm thinking it factored in on
the
> > weapon's base damage, but can't remember.
>
> That's right, it's based off the base damage, which includes
> the strength bonus - e.g. the Might merc doesn't help the
> elemental damage from Vengeance, but adds to the physical
> damage and triples your leaching in the Vengeance case.
> Overall damage with Vengeance can be much higher per hit,
> but it is significantly slower and you need good mana leech
> to keep it going to the extent you boost damage with the
> skill rather than the synergies. I think it would be the
> same story with the Damage to Demons bonus on the IK weapon
> but I'm not 100% sure about that.
>
Ooh, so it does count the str bonus? I didn't think it did. That would
make it even better.
As far as mana leech goes, I could always throw on a Crescent Moon ammy to
help deal with that part of it.

> > So that would change the build considerably. 1-20 Sacrifice
> > 4 Zeal
> > 1-20 Conviction (might as well, right?) 1 Charge
> > 1 Redemption
> > 1-5? Salvation
> > I could get 10 each in Resist Fire/Cold/Lighning at 92 points, or lvl 80
> > (which is around where I stop playing a char for any length of time
> > anyway usually).
> > Or possibly throw in some Fanat for the bosses, so I'm not relying
> > totally on CB
>
> If you go the low Dex root and low Zeal route then you would have
> trouble hitting with Fanat, though it would help your mercs speed
> and damage.
>
>
>
I would definitely be shooting for Low dex, since I'd have to invest 225 Str
to even pick the darn thing up......I'd probably skip the Fanat and go for
some elemental synergies instead.


short
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 1, 2005 8:25:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:25:42 -0500, short wrote:


>> > And how does Vengeance work again? At lvl 14 or 15 it adds 150% F/L/C
> to
>> > your attack, but 150% of what exactly? I'm thinking it factored in on
> the
>> > weapon's base damage, but can't remember.
>>
>> That's right, it's based off the base damage, which includes
>> the strength bonus - e.g. the Might merc doesn't help the
>> elemental damage from Vengeance, but adds to the physical
>> damage and triples your leaching in the Vengeance case.
>> Overall damage with Vengeance can be much higher per hit,
>> but it is significantly slower and you need good mana leech
>> to keep it going to the extent you boost damage with the
>> skill rather than the synergies. I think it would be the
>> same story with the Damage to Demons bonus on the IK weapon
>> but I'm not 100% sure about that.
>>
> Ooh, so it does count the str bonus? I didn't think it did. That would
> make it even better.

No, sorry I double checked and I was wrong about the strength bonus.


> As far as mana leech goes, I could always throw on a Crescent Moon ammy to
> help deal with that part of it.

You probably want to use zeal most of the time so you might get
by with using potions by the time you eventually get to equip
all the IK gear. If you did add the armor also then you
would gett 10% mana leech from the gloves, +2 freezes target,
and some low poison damage on the weapon (and res of course),
but it may not be worth it.

>> > So that would change the build considerably. 1-20 Sacrifice
>> > 4 Zeal
>> > 1-20 Conviction (might as well, right?) 1 Charge
>> > 1 Redemption
>> > 1-5? Salvation
>> > I could get 10 each in Resist Fire/Cold/Lighning at 92 points, or lvl 80
>> > (which is around where I stop playing a char for any length of time
>> > anyway usually).
>> > Or possibly throw in some Fanat for the bosses, so I'm not relying
>> > totally on CB
>>
>> If you go the low Dex root and low Zeal route then you would have
>> trouble hitting with Fanat, though it would help your mercs speed
>> and damage.
>>
>>
>>
> I would definitely be shooting for Low dex, since I'd have to invest 225 Str
> to even pick the darn thing up......I'd probably skip the Fanat and go for
> some elemental synergies instead.

The IK belt gives 25 strength. You want to add more Strength and
Resistance. Some affordable gear that would do that includes
Saracens (up to 25 res and 12 strength), Lionheart (30 res and 25
strength), Veil of Steel (50 Res and 15 strength - Pamethyst
socket would give another 10 but you might want to use an IAS
jewel instead here). You could probably ladder those up and only
use around 140-150 strength not counting charms.





to 25 res all and 12 str)
!