Sign in with
Your question

Intel E8400 Wolfdale for 105

Last response: in Deals
July 21, 2009 12:57:05 AM

That's just a starting price, not a "buy it now". It's a bit misleading.
July 21, 2009 1:12:12 AM

my fault guys ;) 

it's still the lowest starting price at ebay and is never used
Related resources
July 21, 2009 7:52:09 PM

use bing.com/cashback to get 8% back on ebay buy-it-now purchases.... there's so much bid-sniping going on w\ ebay now that bidding early is pointless alot of times. bastards come in last 5 seconds and outbid you and you don't have a chance to re-bid.
a b à CPUs
July 23, 2009 1:03:29 AM

If you bid your maximum amount - you don't have to worry. If it goes for less - you get it for less. Up to your maximum bid - you win. Only if it goes more than you want to pay anyway - you lose the item - but since it is more than you wanted to pay anyway - you "win".

The only reason not to do the above is to try to wait and bid late to keep the price down. So some other person out-sniped you and you call him a bastard?

But I agree with ibleet - posting an early price on an eBay item and calling it a deal is more than a bit misleading. I'm sure I can find thousands of such deals on eBay right now.

Hey here is a real deal. NEW sealed in box Dell Inspiron 530 computer with core 2 duo processor and Windows Vista Home Premium - only $1.04 (or at least it was as of the moment I posted the link)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dell-Inspiron-530s-Intel-Core-2...
July 23, 2009 5:27:03 AM

While I do appreciate you agreeing with me, I must also point out that thread hijacking is also frowned upon. Your item will get more attention if you start a new thread.
a b à CPUs
July 23, 2009 12:15:13 PM

????

I am not hijacking anything, I am not offerng that eBay listing as a real deal - but as support for why such listings should not be posted here. I said it was misleading and gave an example. Compared to his cpu for $105, I provided an eBay listing of a whole computer for $1.04.
a b à CPUs
July 24, 2009 6:38:42 AM

By the way, Rule #5 for the hot deals section of the forum forbit posting eBay open auction items:

"5. eBay auction links are not allowed. You are allowed to post items from eBay shops with a buy-now fixed price option. "

Found at:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/20055-8-deals-rules-r...
!